What You’ll Be Doing...
This position is within the Verizon Consumer Markets organization on the Fios Marketing Team. Our goal is to drive consumer acquisition and retention of our industry leading Fios internet, TV and phone services. This role is specifically in the Fios Local and MDU (multiple dwelling unit) Marketing strategy team with a core focus on driving objectives of the business unit specific to core marketing areas and the multifamily/apartment category. Our team develops and executes marketing strategies to drive performance at a hyper-local level - thru a host of tactics and channels including referral/influencer programs, digital, print, email, onsite events, door-to-door and direct mail.
As our Fios Local Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing local marketing grassroots programs designed to drive Fios sales growth and market share in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC. You will also work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful execution of key local marketing programs and innovative initiatives
- Identify the most profitable segments to target and recommend actions to increase market share.
- Partner with other teams to execute local blitz campaigns to beat competitors through hyper focused attacks
- Identify local events, home owner events and guerilla marketing activities
- Direct and manage marketing agency, including account managers, brand ambassadors and grass roots staff to conduct multiple events that are focused on selling Fios to consumers on-site.
- Plan and manage the complete customer experience at events including collateral, incentives and signage
- Work closely with corporate marketing, sales channels and operations to maximize sales.
- Tie community insights to local engagement tactics.
- Guide local media tactics such as out-of-home, local digital, event marketing and direct marketing.
- Conduct competitive market scans and develop strategies to disrupt.
- Execute marketing initiatives that exceed KPIs
You’ll Need To Have
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree or five or more years of work experience
- Five or more years of relevant work experience
- Marketing and experience
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Even Better If You Have
- BA or BS Degree in Business preferred
- Three or more years of sales, marketing or event management experience
- Field/Grassroots marketing experience
- Demonstrated project management and onsite event trouble shooting skills with proven ability to deliver on time and within budget
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to develop partnerships and influence others
- High energy, self-motivated with ability to motivate others and provide strategic direction to external agencies and teams
- Ability to develop and implement strategies that result in the successful achievement of business goals/objectives
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment
- Strong creativity and out of the box thinking for development of engagement strategies
- Strong knowledge and intel of the local Baltimore or DC area and neighborhoods
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.