Marketing Internship Summer 2020
View all Jobs
Position Overview: The Marketing intern is responsible for promoting the Washington Wizards brand through a variety of projects and special events. This is a paid internship.
- Support projects and tasks assigned by the Director of Marketing & VP of Marketing.
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager for summer grassroots responsibilities.
- Contribute to copyrighting of various marketing communications including newsletters, sales offers, event messaging, and brand campaigns.
- Assist in growing existing youth programs and developing new programs to improve youth outreach.
- Aid with marketing activations at Wizards special events.
- Review company website for accuracy of marketing offers.
- Lead all aspects of marketing department event calendar- Internal and external Wizards events.
- Maintain department inventories (i.e. office supplies, break room, etc.).
- Prepare materials for sales and marketing events; assist with organizing and executing Wizards events and promotions.
- Assist with fan development groups include youth, kids club, and women’s initiatives.
- Assist with handling start of season needs for 2019-20.
- Build marketing plans for various grassroots marketing initiatives.
- Provide departmental recap of all events attended.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- You are dedicated, outgoing, hard-working, punctual, and a phenomenal teammate.
- Previous Marketing experience a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills; creative.
- Ability to multi-task; detail driven; fast learner.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter.
- General knowledge of professional sports.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must have valid Drivers License.