The Marketing Director is responsible for developing the overall vision and strategy for the promotion of Learning Without Tears brands to drive sales through successful content and digital marketing campaigns. and provides strategic leadership working with the senior management team to establish long-range objectives, initiatives and plans.
- Hire, train, motivate, evaluate and manage marketing team to ensure that employees receive guidance and resources to accomplish group objectives.
- Develop, implement, and monitor group objectives; manage plans and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of group.
- Collaborate with executive team to establish LWT goals and strategies.
- Create and implement marketing vision for product lines and revenue-driving, actionable, data-driven plans; provide thought leadership and guidance to determine the best solutions to fulfill the needs of market segments.
- Conceptualize, plan and execute full cycle sales & marketing campaigns from creative concept to analysis & reporting.
- Creative tactics used across marketing channels to develop marketing and selling tools.
- Develop creative engaging messaging that speaks directly to the market, tailoring messaging to key market segments.
- Develop, test and refine components of marketing mix (lists, e-mail templates, landing pages, advertising etc.) and continuously improve campaign effectiveness.
- Develop capabilities and team to track, analyze and evaluate results to drive revenue and optimize return on investment.
- Manage a portfolio of demand generation programs to support sales, including integrated campaign management, database and email marketing, lead nurturing, lead scoring, and search /online marketing.
- Formulate strategies and tactics that drive lead generation.
- Evolve LWT's web presence to maximize traffic, user engagement, sign-ups, and lead/purchase conversion, including web content, navigational structure, and Drupal user database.
- Lead the development of messaging and resources, including e-books, direct mail, videos, e-newsletters, webinars, whitepapers, blogs, social platforms, and web assets that are consistent and mutually supportive in terms of positioning, image and voice.
- Work with cross-functional teams, using data and analytics to clearly articulate performance, value, and areas of improvement to continually improve and advance marketing initiatives by providing actionable insight and recommendations.
- Create and implement acquisition testing & learning agenda, drive testing programs to continually improve marketing performance.
- Collaborate on UX/UI projects to improve the user experience for web visitors and digital product users.
- Lead the analysis and planning of how the brand is perceived in the market.
- Direct market research activities to drive and support the strategic objectives of the business through analysis of current market conditions, including trends, competition, market share and other analysis.
- Implement effective public relations, including the sourcing of relevant stories, promotion of major accomplishments.
- A. or B.S.in marketing, analytics, statistics or related fields or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years related experience marketing with 6+ years in digital marketing.
- Experience in K-12 education.
- Strong consumer insights and experience utilizing insights to build compelling campaigns and programs.
- Experience working with product management, sales, success management, and training.
- Knowledge of analytical, web design/production and optimization principles.
- Exceptional data skills including strong command of web/mobile analytics and Ad Tech concept.
- Understanding of SEO, social media, demand generation, PPC/SEM and marketing automation.
- Experience developing integrated demand generation strategies and executing campaigns with Marketing Automation platforms.
- Solid artistic aptitude for design, color and concept.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a focus on digital metrics and platforms for measurement.
- Proven leadership presence, building relationship and cross functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with staff and vendors.
- Experience with Drupal preferred.
- Experience with online professional learning and micro-learning preferred.