The Management Supervisor will report to an Account Director or the Executive Director of Account Leadership. The Management Supervisor is dedicated to account service in the agency. Responsible for all assigned client activity. Accountable for the relationship with the client including overall client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time, within budget and increased business, and profit for the agency.
The Management Supervisor should possess a deep understanding and thorough knowledge of the following responsibilities:
- Become intimately familiar with clients’ business dynamics, metrics, market challenges, key issues, and competitive situation. Demonstrate confidence, authority and level-headed decision-making as the agency’s leadership voice on assigned accounts. Encourage and demonstrate unity behind team and agency decision-making.
- Maintains key client contact and ensures the client is kept apprised of the status of all jobs and ongoing progress.
- Acts as a link between the client and the internal team, providing timely feedback between Agency and Client.
- Able to represent an agency POV or respond to client needs.
- Attends client meetings/conventions/market research and handles the timely follow-up.
- Ownership of daily and/or weekly client status reports.
- Creation and dissemination of client contact reports.
- Delivers recommendations for programs, big ideas, and incremental income, and seeks opportunities to continually strengthen the quality of client relations.
- Understand clients’ business to the highest level, bringing forth bold ideas both within the agency and to the client.
- Strategy development; branding; advertising; marketing plan development, production; media; digital marketing; content marketing; lead generation; reporting; measurement.
- Anticipate problems, surface them, and effectively resolve issues internally and with the client.
- Participate in new business efforts as assigned.
- Masters tactical planning and implementation, including day-to-day management of timelines from start through the release of each tactic.
- Creation and ownership of tactical briefs and estimates, with supervisor, sign off.
- Ensures all creative and tactics developed support the brand and customer objectives.
- Continually seeks brand building opportunities/ways to overcome obstacles.
- Participates and organizes market research, including partial ownership of associated output and strategic findings.
- Participates in the development of a strategic communications plan with alignment between issues, strategies, and tactics.
- Partner with Connections team to guide the development of paid and earned connections plans. Helps to identify opportunities that can be leveraged to help clients meet objectives.
- Partner with Creative Director, Brand Strategic Planner and guide the creative development of campaigns.
- Leads creative and account teams in the development of breakthrough creative to ensure high-quality agency output, reflective of a consistently superior creative product.
- Champions the creative product with creative partners.
- Provides appropriate supervision to his/her direct reports.
- Works with team to ensure all work is delivered on time and accurately.
- Develop and mentor staff; direct account staff in the performance of their operating responsibilities.
- Oversees daily financial health of all client work (estimates, jobs, fees, billing, client vendor trackers and other items) within the guidelines of the client’s budgets and Agency processes
- Collaborates proactively with clients and internal team to manage per job financials against project briefs and timelines
- Prepares forecasts with supervisor
- Ensure per job revenue is recognized based on project assumptions and revenue forecasts
- Ensures timeliness of client approvals, receipt of PO, transfers, and write-offs as appropriate per client and agency processes
- Proactively identifies opportunities to realize incremental income based on scope changes
- Anticipate and address potential client relationship or revenue issues, advising agency management in time for the agency to act proactively
- Bachelor’s degree, or MBA
- 8+ years of account service experience in an advertising agency environment and the ability to form trusting, lasting relationships with clients and internal teams
- Fluency in social media and digital marketing; deep experience with large-scale traditional, digital and technology projects (it goes without saying but we’re saying it anyway)
- At home with RP3’s values
- Strategic thinking and a strong understanding of all components of an integrated marketing program
- Strong planning and process skills with the ability to implement a vision through close team collaboration
- Communicator, leader, collaborator: meticulous detail attention, highly organized, problem solver, ability to mentor and get the best out of the team
- A natural tendency toward enthusiasm, fresh thinking, and creative solutions
- Persuasive and polished client presentation and meeting facilitation skills