Linux Guru (Driver/Firmware)
At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge - helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
A dynamic community of builders, doers and problem solvers, we each play a unique role - shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business.
Being a part of Zebra means making your mark as we make digital transformation a reality.
It means growing into a leader at a leading company that makes a distinct difference - because together, we’ve only just begun.
We build today, so we can create tomorrow.
Join Zebra and change the world with us.
Analyzes, develops, designs, programs, debugs and implements embedded systems for the organization's products and systems. Develops testing and troubleshooting strategies, devices, and systems for firmware. Integrates firmware to maintain functionality, throughput and consistency. Develops user documentation. If you love to dive into new technologies and seek new challenges, this is the job for you.
- Establishes requirements for highly complex firmware design projects and may manage a team responsible for establishing requirements. Insure correct features are incorporated first in the projects. Insures accurate features are incorporated first in the projects
- Architects and designs highly complex firmware projects. Finishes the phases of the projects. Follows through on all in-process and final inspection activities
- Drives code review of projects. Develops and applies technical and quality improvements
- Builds new programs, technologies and solutions based on novel or outstanding ideas. Insures new ideas and methodologies are detailed for use by software teams
- Uses status as a knowledge leader in firmware design and functional knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines and program management to provide technical leadership to a given program
- Defines requirements for and may design complex new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of complex problems
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines
- Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- May coordinate the activities of other personnel
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Represent the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs project leadership
- 5+ years in C/C++ programming skills required
- 5+ years of experience bringing up boards, developing and debugging embedded Linux device drivers and hardware peripherals required
- 5+ years’ experience with embedded processors, and experience with operating system concepts required
- Understanding of hardware and drivers for USB, MIPI, audio, video, GPIO interfaces required
- Solid understanding version control tool required
- Analytical and problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline required
Highly Preferred But Not Required
- Yocto project and Free Scale Community BSP
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies
- 5+ Experience with embedded hardware architectures with ARM processors
- Experience with Attlassian JIRA
- Experience with Ethernet, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, Bluetooth, 802.11
- Communication Protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, CoAP MQTT, REST APIs
- Experience with hardware debugging using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, digital multimeters
- Familiar with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) QNX, uC/OS, ThreadX
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com .
The EEO is the Law poster is available here https//www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf
The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here https//www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf
Zebra is a federal contractor and is committed to an alcohol and drug free workplace. As a result, all U.S. based employees are subject to the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy and Procedure.