Montgomery County Regional Director
Regional Director Job Description
Let Me Run is a nonprofit wellness program for 4th through 8th grade boys. Using running as the vehicle to inspire, teach and reach boys, our comprehensive curriculum breaks down destructive male stereotypes that often stand in the way of positive futures for boys. Twice a week for seven weeks, our trained coaches guide a team of six to eight boys through the program, designed to amplify confidence, self-expression, and respect for others. Each fall and spring culminates in a 5k race that celebrates the boys’ emotional, social and physical growth.
Let Me Run started in Charlotte, NC in 2009 and has now reached over 25,000 boys across 29 states. Although there are over 40 regions of various sizes, there are currently 12 focus regions that have staff in place.
Reporting to the an officer in Let Me Run, Inc. National and consistent with the mission of Let Me Run, Inc., the Regional Director is responsible for the overall management, organization and financial solvency of their Let Me Run region. The Regional Director will report to Director of Expansion as the region is developing and once the region is fully established, they will then report to the Director of Programming at Let Me Run, Inc.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. These tasks can be assigned to Program Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, and other staff/volunteers as needs arise and increase.
● Manage staff as they are brought on within the region
● Market the program to schools and sites
● Understand LMR talking points for speaking engagements and public relations
● Follow LMR branding and logo usage guidelines in all materials and communication
● Manage the content of the region’s webpage using marketing guidelines provided by the LMR
● Secure local sponsors and team sponsors on the website
● Manage risk through tracking background checks, CPR, training, etc.
● Recruit coaches and manage coach retention
● Become a Let Me Run coach trainer, set up coach trainings and train coaches using LMR training materials
● Manage site and coach registration for 20 or more schools/season (independent region)
● Order/manage supplies, marketing materials, and apparel from approved vendors
● Schedule and manage supply bag pick up, t-shirt pick up and manual return
● Ensure registration is happening smoothly
● Enter all paper and scholarship registrations into registration system
● Manage facilities usage forms within the school system
● Coordinate and manage the season to start
● Manage regional budget with guidance from Director of Finance at Let Me Run, Inc.
● Renew annual Charitable Solicitation License
● Raise scholarship funds as needed with the assistance development team
● Manage scholarship allocation of all teams/individuals within the region
● Choose a local 5K or create a Let Me Run sponsored 5K and manage smooth race registration and packet pick-up
● Facilitate director to coach communication
● Manage all aspects of summer camp (if applicable)
● Manage social media
Partnerships and Fund Development
● With input from staff and the LMR region Advisory Council, develop and implement financial development plan that includes, but is not limited to, individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, grants, and special events to ensure that fundraising goals are achieved
● Develop community relationships to cultivate donors and volunteers to ensure region revenue and goals are achieved
● Establish new community partnerships with like-minded organizations that are well- aligned with LMR mission
● Manage and develop an Events Manager, ensuring contributed income goals are met and 5k events achieve program and revenue goals
● Develop relationships with the local media and serve as LMR primary point of contact to market the program and build additional community support
Program Development and Strategic Planning
● Implement LMR strategic plan at the local level
● In conjunction with Program Coordinator, develop growth strategies for the region, including
geographic and program expansion
● Serve as the staff liaison to LMR region Advisory Council and work closely with council chair to
recruit and develop members that serve council needs
● Develop marketing and awareness plans that raise the visibility and understanding of Let Me Run
in the region
Requirements for the Position
● BA or BS degree
● Personal passion for the mission of LMR and to be a role model for health and self-esteem
● Proven experience working as a part of a high functioning team
● Strong public speaking skills and ability to interact effectively with community leaders, school personnel, volunteers, parents, children and program funders
● Excellent project management skills
● Ability to travel within assigned territory using personal vehicle
● Ability to attend weekend and evening events
● Computer competence, including but not limited to: Microsoft office, data management and e-mail
● Highly organized and focused, ability to manage hundreds of volunteers and maintain motivated and enthusiastic relationships
● Written communication skills necessary for correspondence and document/presentation development
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Janie@letmerun.org.