Junior Marketing Designer
Location: Bethesda, MD
Xometry is a rapidly growing technology company that is transforming manufacturing. Our proprietary instant quoting technology and nationwide network of manufacturers provides our customers with a quick, streamlined way to get custom parts, and our Supplies business provides materials and tooling via an online interface. Custom manufacturing is a $80 billion industry, and it is our mission to provide advanced manufacturing capabilities to customers of all sizes - from Fortune 500 companies and government agencies to small businesses and startups.
We are seeking a Marketing Designer to join our growing marketing team, reporting to the Lead Multimedia Designer. Youll work with other members of the marketing team as well as other business units throughout Xometry to create assets for marketing campaigns, sales materials, educational resources, and more in digital and traditional channels. Things move fast around here, so were looking for a creative self-starter who is extremely organized and eager to learn. If youre up to the challenge of working in a high-growth tech startup environment, we want to hear from you!
Youll get your hands on a lot of different things, but on any given day you might:
- Create graphical assets for social media posts, emails, blog posts, sponsored articles, infographics, etc.
- Source stock assets for use in graphics and videos.
- Edit photos taken in-house or provided by customers to get them publishing-ready (color correction, light retouching, cleaning up low-resolution photos, etc).
- Assemble technical guides and other educational/informational resources.
- Build simple web pages and emails following provided templates/guidelines.
- Design or reformat presentation slides.
Youd ideally have the following skills and qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or equivalent professional design experience (1-2 years).
- Strong experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- At least a working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with PowerPoint and/or Google Slides.
We all wear a lot of hats here. Youll get major bonus points if you have experience with:
- More-than-basic front-end development.
- Video production.
- Illustration (preferably digital/vector-based).
- The manufacturing industry.
- Working in a high-growth startup.
Xometry offers its employees:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage
- Commuter & Dependent Care benefit options
- 401k with match
- Paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Stock Options