The IT Manager will manage a technically diverse team responsible for the implementation and operational support of all third party and internally managed IT technologies in Walker & Dunlop’s data centers, offices, and public cloud instances. The ideal candidate will have diverse technical expertise combined with strong leadership and communication capabilities and will operate in a hands-on capacity.
- Manage all aspects of direct reports’ overall performance through leadership, mentoring, providing direction, staffing, training, delivering performance reviews, and establishing aligned goals & objectives.
- Coordinate activities with managed service providers, vendors, contractors, and consultants to maintain and enhance technology infrastructure, manage and negotiate maintenance contracts, and maintain licensing.
- Ensure the department vision and strategy is communicated and that department and company standards and procedures are adopted and implemented.
- Review and approve enterprise changes and additions and enforce change management policies and procedures.
- Analyze organization’s needs, conduct technical research, and implement appropriate solutions to meet needs and comply with department standards.
- Ensure high availability of all critical applications and servers while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Architect and migrate scalable, secure, and stable applications to the cloud and serve as a subject matter expert resource for service delivery areas.
- Review, modify, develop, and adapt security policies based on challenges posed by a multi-tenant public cloud.
- Manage the overall execution of large-scale projects by serving as a technical lead and subject matter expert and being accountable for the project outcome.
- Ensure team projects are professionally defined with emphasis on risk assessment, work break-down structure, scheduling, and resources.
- Maintain full functionality of disaster recovery environment for critical business applications to support company business continuity plan.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Serve as a hands-on technical escalation resource for team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Strong leadership ability with a proven track record of building relationships, people development, and achieving challenging objectives.
- 3 + years IT management experience leading IT operations teams.
- 7 + years of relevant experience in systems administration including hands-on responsibilities for enterprise level systems architecture in environments with 100 or more employees.
- 5 + years of hands-on experience in the design and support of Active Directory in a multi-site environment.
- 5 + years of experience installing, configuring, and supporting Windows 2008-2019 server operating systems.
- 5 + years of experience planning and executing projects including migrations, upgrades, and new implementations.
- 3 + years of experience administering Exchange Server, with proficiency in secure messaging solutions.
- 3 + years of hands-on experience deploying and managing VMware vSphere virtual technology.
- 2 + years of demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining Office 365 workloads such as OneDrive, SharePoint, Exchange, and Skype for Business.
- 2 + years of experience managing SANs, with NetApp experience preferred.
- Experience configuring and managing secure infrastructure and services on Microsoft Azure, including Azure AD.
- Information technology certifications such as MCSE, MCSD, ITIL VCP preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage complex technical projects to stay within budget, on schedule, and deliver successful project outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization’s workforce while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, perform under stress and adapt when confronted with emergency situations.
- Ability to resolve complex problems using analytical skills, technical expertise, or research and deliver innovative cost-effective solutions.
- Ability to interface well with technical and non-technical personnel, including executive management.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and trust, along with the ability to work independently.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain technical documentation including diagrams, procedures, and configuration management documents.
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on delivering the best possible outcome for the business and all customers.
- Ability to manage time well with changing priorities to meet or exceed customer and management expectations.
- Strong business acumen and focus in daily activities, with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge and application of best practices of ITIL framework.
- This position periodically requires extended hours outside of normal business hours to support service issues, emergency or maintenance tasks, and projects.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move equipment up to 60 lbs.