IT Logistics Technician
Do you enjoy a work environment surrounded by energetic, dynamic teams with an infectiously positive attitude? We are looking for an IT Logistics Technician for our fast growing Washington DC office who will be the IT interface between Facilities, HR, and Recruiting. This team member will work to ensure the proper IT on-boarding and exits of employees for all of our local Yelp campuses. Helping people transition in their first couple of days means you'll meet everyone on our team!
The IT Logistics Technician is responsible for inventory management as well as the maintenance and upkeep of inventory workroom, equipment repairs, returns, corporate provisioning, and training materials. We need someone who can set up other Yelpers for success by training and supporting new employees on the systems and equipment they’ll use. You’ll also provide equipment validation for moves, as well as set up workstations for employees visiting your campus.
What You Will Do
- Work with Facilities, HR, Recruiting and other IT teams to ensure 100% success on all new hires, transfers, and separations.
- Manage new hire training classes, creation/upkeep of training curriculum and new hire wiki.
- Documentation and process management of new hires, separations, and visitor process.
- Cycle counts, purchasing, and monthly replenishment of IT equipment for local and remote employees.
- Manage and account for local IT hardware inventory via our inventory management system.
- Macintosh, PC, and Chromebook provisioning - ensure all our systems have our corporate image and are managed by our mobile device management systems.
- Work on your individually assigned and team assignment tickets via our ticketing system.
- Coordinate and support office employee moves and validations.
We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of IT related experience.
- Working knowledge of MacOS, Windows, and ChromeOS device platforms.
- Working knowledge of Apple, Dell, and Acer hardware.
- Working knowledge of Apple software & popular desktop applications.
- Working knowledge of G-Suite and popular web applications.
- Experience with JAMF, AirWatch, or other MDM systems.
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or other ticketing systems.
- Experience with 1:1 to large group training on proper use and care of computer systems.
- Experience creating runbooks and IT articles/knowledge base. Familiarity with Confluence a plus.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated with a positive, whistle-while-you-work attitude.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- A sense of humor.