Internal Communications + Marketing Specialist
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring an Internal Communications + Marketing Specialist in our Rockville, MD office.
As an Internal Communications + Marketing Specialist you will:
- Assist in leading various federal public health events and communications activities for the National Cancer Institute (NCI). This positions reports to a senior leader in ICF’s health communications line of business and will also work with the NCI Internal Communications Branch lead.
- Balance creative, strategic “big thinking” with tactical execution to influence NCI staff and other stakeholders to attend and engage in events.
- Lead the development of communication materials with a multi-disciplinary team and ensure products are delivered on time and in budget. This will require working with NCI designers to produce directional signage and digital assets.
- Report out to client on event/meeting outcomes, when appropriate provide recommendations to improve desired results.
- Plan, coordinate and lead approximately 14 internal meetings/events at NCI, ranging from small to large scale events. This will require managing all aspects of the meeting/events, including pre and post event logistics.
- Leverage your great communications skills to engage and motivate staff to participate. Work with NCI Internal Communications Branch lead to identify successful engagement strategies and design new tactics to yield higher ROI.
As an Internal Communications + Marketing Specialist, you will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in public health, health communication, journalism, public relations, social sciences, or equivalent required.
- At least 5 or more years of communications experience, public health or government experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with federal health agencies and developing and implementing public health communications campaigns.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a project management role, with an ability to establish and document processes.
- Strong project management, negotiation, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
- Have the ability to develop project plans for each meeting, leverage lessons learned from previous activities to inform new strategies and innovations.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
Job Location(s): This position primarily will be based at NCI’s Shady Grove campus, with some occasional visits to NIH – main campus.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.