Intern, Publishing Technologies
This position will serve as a developer within the Publishing Technologies Department and will have an opportunity to learn how to identify the root cause of problems, update code and data to address issues, refactor code for maintainability, unit test changes, and deploy updates to production servers.
This internship is paid, part time (16-25 hours per week during normal office hours). This position is scheduled to start early June 2019 with the potential to expand into the fall semester. Candidates MUST be current students able to work out of our office in Washington, DC (remote work is not permitted).
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting online products and systems applications
- Maintaining and enhancing SQL Server queries and stored procedures
- Maintaining and enhancing data entry applications using Asp.Net (C#) MVC
- Communicating effectively with customers to ensure the problem area is understood and addressed
Qualifications & Education
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Must be a current student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree. Computer Sciences or related programs preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with C# .Net
- Professional, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret requirements, analyze problems and recommend solutions
- Able to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work in an ever changing, fast-paced environment requiring flexibility