Human Services Data Director
Human Services Data Director
Remote Position with 50% Travel Requirements
The Center for the Support of Families (A Division of SLI Government Solutions) is seeking an experienced leader to work with public and private child welfare and other human services systems to support their efforts to understand and report on system performance, to design, implement and monitor system improvement efforts, and to support on-going continuous improvement initiatives.
This Human Services Data Director will help us as we work with jurisdictions to better gather, analyze and produce administrative data to characterize process and outcomes and use this information to improve practice and outcomes over time. This includes linking financing to outcomes through performance-based contracting. This person will also serve as an evaluator of program implementation and impact for certain projects.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis of government data using government administrative and public data sources, customer, stakeholder and staff interviews and surveys, focus groups
- Conducts program monitoring, program evaluation, cost and cost-effectiveness analysis and continuous quality review of human service programs at the federal, state and local level
- Navigates large and complex administrative databases and linked analytic data source files
- Implements and utilizes best practices in measurement
- Collaborates with jurisdictional partners and stakeholders to improve practice and outcomes
- Executes social and fiscal policy research and analysis
- Leads seminars and workshops at federal, state and local conferences
- Analyzes performance-based contracting
- Builds the analytic capabilities of jurisdictional partners and stakeholders by providing training and coaching of staff
Required Education and Other Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Graduate Degree preferred
- Certification, formal training, experience or demonstrated competency in a technical disciplines may be evaluated and considered in lieu of the educational requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in program monitoring, program evaluation, cost and cost-effectiveness analysis and continuous quality review of human service programs at the federal, state and local level
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with officials at all levels in government and industry.
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must have the ability to travel to client sites/ other SLI offices at least 50 percent of the time
- Ability to work from a home-based office
- Must have the ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time.
- Must have the ability to speak on the telephone for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to read (paper or computer screen) for extended periods of time
- Must have sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other Company equipment
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
We offer excellent paid benefits that include:
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Savings Plan (with Matching Contribution)
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.