This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is seeking a customer obsessed HR Specialist to join us to perform tasks that will assist the candidate and employee experience. This hands-on role will partner with Operations and Corporate HR along with other Business Partners throughout the organization to assist with meeting Amazon’s growth initiatives. Objectives for this role will include building new solutions and processes to support high growth/high touch in-person employee services. Projects include driving a variety of challenging initiatives including automated solutions, improvement upon current processes, driving adoption efforts, and building partnerships with other teams. A hands-on approach to assisting candidates and new hires along with service delivery teams to ensure the highest of Amazon standards.
· Scale services and tools – design automated solutions, processes and procedures that will scale with Amazon’s growth in volume and complexity - successfully manage working in partnership with local HR teams.
· Manage Change- work closely with learning and development and communications partners to instill a culture of change, sustainability and fast adoption of innovative ideas.
· Define key performance indicators – develop metrics for U.S. Work Authorization transactions related to volumes and of service deliver from global teams and other stakeholders, lead improvement initiatives and encourage a culture of efficiency, innovation, and customer service.
· Build cross-functional partnership – work closely with HR, Legal, Business Groups, and other departments to achieve expansion objectives impacting U.S. Work Authorization, develop strong partnerships with HR Managers and HR business partners across locations and geographies.
· Support in-person appointments and other tasks related to Form I-9.
· Lead and execute New Hire Orientation initiatives related to Work Authorization.
· Auditing and reporting to define key areas for improvement.
· Other responsibilities as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or related field.
· 2+ years of HR or related experience, knowledge of HR Operations, including employee onboarding, work authorization, or screening programs.
· Intermediate to expert Microsoft Excel skills.
· Scheduling and coordinating appointments/calendars.
· Experience with I-9 and/or other document compliance.
· Experience identifying and resolving issues independently - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment.
· Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations – ability to serve multiple customers (candidates, employees, managers, legal partners).
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Macro knowledge.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation