Graphics LAN Administrator/Engineer
CBS News seeks a Graphics LAN Administrator/Engineer that will offer daily technical support of our broadcast television graphics system(s). Assist with all aspects of installation, maintenance, and support of the broadcast systems including workstations, servers, and support equipment. This will include troubleshooting hardware failures and take the appropriate action to ensure resolution and optimal performance. Logging support calls and conducting general diagnostic and troubleshooting functions. Maintain security patches and regular malware scans.
- Minimum 3 years direct technical support experience in a broadcast environment.
- Expert knowledge of Viz Multiplay, Engine required.
- Ability to maintain a variety of broadcast graphics equipment helpful.
- Excellent knowledge of networking concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of signal processing, transport and transmission equipment.
- Experience working with graphics workstations, servers and network storage.
- Excellent knowledge of digital audio and video standards and equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in both baseband and file based workflows.
- Bachelors or Technical degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Info systems, Media Production, or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Effectively communicate with various stakeholders; users, support personnel, management and vendors.
The chosen candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented environment, communicate effectively with various levels of the organization and be flexible enough to adjust and operate within the fast paced, deadline driven 24/7 news environment. Ability to multitask and demonstrate sound judgement when working independently will be essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled