Gallagher & Associates seeks an exceptionally talented graphic designer with a great attitude and the ability to inspire and motivate.
Graphic Designer for Exhibitions
Our Washington, DC Studio is looking for a highly motivated Graphic Designer with strong technical skills, a good eye for typography, background working on exhibitions and/or other spatial design and several years of design studio experience. This person should have a passion for design, a flexible attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively with a team.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the creative team to design and coordinate the design, production, fabrication, installation of exhibit graphics for museums throughout the United States. This talented and goal-oriented person would play a key role in creating memorable visitor experiences for museums, interpretive centers and visitor centers across the U.S.
- Under the mentorship of Senior Graphic Designers, work collaboratively with 3D designers, media team and content developers to create immersive, story-driven spaces
- Reports to Graphics Manager
- Develop graphic standards and hierarchies per project style and content
- Attend internal and client meetings to understand the content and materials available to bring the exhibition graphic elements to life both interpretively and creatively
- Develop designs from conceptual, ideation stage to the final design, construction design and implementations
- B.A or M.A in Graphic Design & Environmental Design with a minimum of 4 years experience in experiential graphic design or a related field
- Proven experience in multiple phases of the design process, including concept design, design development and final artwork
- Good knowledge of fabrication techniques and materials standards of exhibit design
- Excellent typography skills
- High level of fluency with Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), MS Office and Keynote
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills (verbal, written, and illustrative)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Optional skills or working knowledge in: Identity and branding design, touch-screen interactive interface design, or indoor/outdoor wayfinding signage design is a plus
- Optional skills or working software knowledge in: After Effects, Google Sketch-Up, Filemaker Pro a plus.
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Sick, Vacation and Personal Holiday, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, Medical Plan & Dental Plan, Summer Fridays and more…