Palladian Partners, an Altarum Institute communications company based in Silver Spring, MD, is searching for a talented designer to join our award-winning team. If you have outstanding design skills and keep up with what’s new and what’s coming in the world of online and interactive communication, this role is for you.
We’re looking for a versatile designer with 5-7 years of experience in this type of role who can create contemporary, beautiful, user-centered design in a collaborative environment.
Our clients include a wide range of government agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We are dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, families, and the public.
If you want to put your design skills to the test on projects that help improve people’s lives, this is the job for you.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with colleagues in communications strategy, digital strategy, web development, and content development to develop creative concepts and design executions
- Using best practices to design websites, infographics, videos and print materials as a member of our creative team
- Working with project managers to identify client needs and suggest forward-looking solutions that make people think in new ways
To succeed, here’s what you’ll need to be:
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
- Advanced in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Creating accessible websites and PDF files for people with disabilities (Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act)
- Hard-working, fun, creative, obsessively detail-oriented, and organized
- Comfortable working alongside creative and noncreative types, communicating your vision, and understanding limitations
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment
- Thoughtful about the role of design in relation to evolving technology
- Committed to lifelong learning and following best practices
You’ll earn bonus points if you have experience in:
- Working knowledge of Adobe XD, Captivate, Animate, and After Effects
- A/B testing best practices
- Creating motion graphics
- Working with federal government clients and projects
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume, and include either a link to your online portfolio or attach a PDF file with your design samples.
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.