Work as an integral part of the team aiding in telling the story of a top country club in the nation. Chevy Chase Club is looking for a creative, energetic, detail-oriented individual looking to utilize a variety of skills to support the Director Marketing & Communications in the overall strategic marketing & communications plan for the Club. Using InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, this position produces high-priority print and digital pieces including posters, brochures, flyers, newsletters, menus, merchandise, logos, invitations, multimedia graphics, video, ongoing maintenance of the website, visual design for web and more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes and creates print materials for all aspects of the Club, including new member and prospective member promotional pieces, menus, athletic tournament entries, in-house signage, marketing flyers, career fair materials, overnight guest room brochures, human resource employee information and events and special occasion amenities/materials, etc.
- Ensures photos submitted for club marketing efforts are of the highest quality. Takes pictures of Club grounds and special events when necessary.
- Website maintenance duties that include new user setup, troubleshooting issues with department managers and running analytical data on website usage.
- In conjunction with the Special Events office and/or Board office, develops and prints menu cards, invitations, event flyers and other printed or electronic materials needed for events.
- Develops merchandising as it relates to Club logo, photos and use of the Club’s name.
- Aids in video production for internal and external outlets.
- Helps develop short and long terms goals and communication plans for the department.
- Actively seeks innovative ways to improve the communication of information to members.
- Understands social media and how it can be effectively used within the Club’s culture (externally and internally).
- Keeps informed of developments in the fields of marketing and communications.
Requirements & Skills
- The ideal candidate will have graphic design experience with hospitality.
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Web-based communications tools
- Bachelor's degree in Multimedia/Digital Design, Web Design, Graphic Design or related field.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to collaborate with teams and internal stakeholders.
- Flexible approach to work tasks, with the ability to support multiple projects at any one time.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation and sick leave
- 401K plan (upon meeting eligibility requirements)
- Birthday and holiday pay
- Free meals while working
- Complimentary parking
- Golf privileges (on select days)