Mothership Strategies is looking to expand our Graphic Design team with an experienced Graphic Designer. In this position, you will be responsible for creating and designing acquisition, direct donate, persuasion and mobilization advertisements and email marketing and social media materials on behalf of Democratic candidates and progressive organizations. Working closely with the Graphic Design, Advertising, Email Fundraising, and Social Media teams, you will support and collaborate across teams as part of an in-house creative department.
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Design Team / Washington D.C.
REPORTING: The Graphic Designer reports directly to the Design Team Manager
- Designing digital advertisements for all online platforms to meet a variety of client goals, from list growth and direct donate to voter persuasion and mobilization
- Collaborating across creative teams to ensure that designs are in line with client brands, messaging and goals
- Thinking outside the box to produce designs that stand out online and raise the bar of excellence for our advertising and email programs
- Staying on top of our design ticketing and archiving system to ensure all designed assets are accounted for and delivered on time
- Sourcing imagery and materials for use in digital advertisements
- 1-3 years of professional graphic design experience, preferably in a political setting
- Must be proficient with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of digital advertising creative best practices and how to implement them
- Must be able to follow brand guidelines
- Agency experience preferred
- Can commute to our office in the heart of the U Street Corridor, and is comfortable working atypical hours (on both nights and weekends) leading up to key election dates
- Please include an online portfolio of work for review
About Mothership Strategies
We are experts in email fundraising and online advocacy. Mothership has raised over $300 million for some of the largest Democratic campaigns and progressive causes. We work collaboratively to create industry-leading tactics and engagement strategies for campaigns of all sizes. We are a motivated and passionate team that loves taking ownership of tasks, solving problems, and working towards results. When progressive candidates and causes need to unite millions of supporters to raise money online, they call us.
- Healthcare / dental / vision up to 100 percent of your premiums
- 18 flexible PTO days
- 401k and 4% employer match from day one
- Monthly student loan payments in perpetuity until your loans are paid off
- Management coaching, and a personalized development plan to help you achieve your professional goals
- Fully stocked kitchen with food and snacks
- Metro/Parking paid up to $260/mo
- Uber/Lyft paid for if you work late
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Standing desks at your request
- Contribution to your gym membership
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- A brand new two-story office in the Manhattan Laundry complex right off of 14th street. (Think exposed brick and conference rooms named after Presidential pets).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Mothership Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that fights for progressive values nationwide, we’re committed to building a community based in diversity and inclusion at all levels. To that end, we strictly prohibit discrimination based on age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants of all backgrounds who are passionate about progressive politics are able and encouraged to apply!
No phone calls please.