Government Affairs Coordinator
The Expedia, Inc. Government & Public Affairs Team is seeking a Government Affairs Coordinator based in our Washington, D.C. office.
Expedia, Inc.’s mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. The Government & Public Affairs team works closely with policymakers and regulators to explore how that mission is accomplished, and how we can foster a collaborative environment to highlight the significant social and economic impact our brands have on communities.
A successful Government Affairs Coordinator will support the team leadership of the D.C. and Austin-based Government & Public Affairs teams to engage in advocacy efforts for the peer-to-peer and travel innovation economy. This work will include general oversight of the Washington D.C. office, creating and maintaining filing systems, managing travel and expensing for the Vice President, managing budget and invoicing, and tracking current legislation and issues.
A successful candidate must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Suite, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organization, high attention to detail, the ability to manage priorities and work independently. The candidate must be flexible and able to problem solve under tight deadlines.
- Provide primary administrative staff support to the government affairs team
- Support VP and Directors by managing calendar, travel, and expenses as needed
- Coordinate events and/or engagements on relevant topics, as needed
- Complete all relevant lobbying, ethics, and PAC filings
- Manage budget and global invoicing
- Serve as the primary liaison to Accounting and Finance teams
- Process all invoices for global vendors
- Oversee facilitation of political contributions
- Maintain budget spreadsheet
- Assist Directors and VP of GA with reviewing and setting budget 2x/year
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have an interest in technology and/or travel industry policy and advocacy
- You have a basic knowledge and understanding of the issues directly impacting the technology industry
- You display strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- You have strong organizational, analytical, writing and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in time management and organization, and exhibit a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 1-3 years' experience in regulatory or policy development, within agency or association government relations work or on Capitol Hill
- Ability to read, understand and navigate governmental paperwork, policies and procedures
- Ability to present complicated information in concise and compelling fashion
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; highly motivated, results oriented, creative thinker, solutions oriented
- Professional, mature, responsible, and enthusiastic attitude
- Computer proficiency (Outlook, Word, Keynote, MailChimp, PowerPoint)
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.