Gallery Associate and Special Projects Coordinator
The Gallery Associate and Special Projects Coordinator assists with daily gallery operations as well as assuming special projects coordinator duties. This position will assist with the planning and logistics of Art League fundraising and gallery member events, such as our Art On series (including Art on Tap, Art on the Vine, and Art on the Rocks) Art Trivia night, Art Movie Night and the Patrons' Show Fundraiser. Other special projects include pop-up art exhibits, mini-exhibits within the Art League Gallery and other intermittent programs.
Areas of Responsibility
- Make sales, notify artists of sales, rehang work, create labels for works.
- Date entry of memberships, sales and artwork inventory.
- Regularly check gallery and desk area to ensure neatness.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Set up tables and help prepare food for receptions.
- Assist in all capacities during show week (if scheduled) including receiving and installation of work.
- Assist with all facets of the Patrons' Show fundraiser, including hanging, framing, labeling of work and working at event.
- Coordinate and plan installation of pop-up exhibits and designated small exhibits for the Gallery.
- Assist with intermittent programming.
- Request and file ABC licenses for applicable events.
- File event notices with the Torpedo Factory Art Center.
- Liaise with event partners in all aspects, including arrival times, set up needs, and clean up responsibilities.
- Arrange rental and delivery of applicable event items, including chairs, ice, tables, etc.
- Assist with the hiring of additional staff for events, such as security and custodial services.
- Assist with set up and break down of all events.
General: Employees may be required to perform other Art League related tasks as assigned.
- Previous Sales experience.
- Reliable transportation to the gallery.
- Experience in event logistics.
- Ability to complete multiple, concurrent projects.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Database experience.
- Understanding of visual arts.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer relations.
- Hospitality and event experience.
- Mac computer experience.
- Degree in Fine Arts.
- Experience in gallery operations.
- Adobe suite experience.
Hours: Part-time, Thursday 3 pm - 9 pm, Friday 10 am - 6 pm, Saturday 10 am - 6 pm, Sunday 12 pm- 6 pm.
Salary Range to start: $19,656 to $22,500
“By nurturing the artist, we enrich the community. The Art League develops the artist through education, exhibition, and a stimulating, supportive environment, while sharing the experience of the visual arts with the community.” — our mission statement
Founded in 1954, The Art League, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable and educational nonprofit organization. The League is a multifaceted visual arts organization that meets its mission through its gallery, fine art school, art supply store, and arts-outreach programs.