Sheffield Furniture & Interiors is looking for a passionate Sales Associate to join our team for a new upscale furniture outlet we are creating in Rockville, MD. Do you thrive in an environment of entrepreneurship and excellence? Do you understand how to make the customer the hero in their shopping experience? If so, we’d love to talk to you. Associates will enjoy a supportive atmosphere to help stretch their creative thinking. This is a commission-based position with the potential of making a six-figure income.
• Understands the importance of maximizing sales opportunities.
• Enjoys working on a team of inspired and talented individuals.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude.
• Knows how to develop long-term relationships with clients.
• Achieve and exceed sales goals.
• Take accountability for your success within a team environment.
• Use a consultative selling approach to build customer relationships.
• Develop your business by prospecting and networking.
• Display energy, enthusiasm, and the ambition to excel in a fast-paced sales environment.
• Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate patience, persistence, and perseverance along with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to work with a team or independently.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• At least 3 years of furniture sales experience.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, holidays, and special sales events.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Interior design knowledge is a plus.
• Ability to handle customer needs throughout the showroom for periods of up to 8 hours or more.
• Skilled in maintaining emotional control in a professional business setting with customers, peers, and management.
• Capable of engaging customers in a friendly and professional dialogue about their home furnishing needs.
• Proficient in using technology resources to help customers find and choose the home furnishings that best fit their needs.
Sheffield Furniture & Interiors offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package:
• Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
• Health Savings Account
• Generous Merchandise Discount
• Short and Long-Term Disability
About Sheffield Furniture & Interiors
For over 60 years, Sheffield Furniture & Interiors has been helping clients create the beautiful homes they deserve by offering a large selection of home furnishings from the finest brands and designers along with award-winning interior design services and an in-house workroom staffed by skilled craftspeople. We are also one of the largest dealers in the world of Stickley Furniture and handmade Oriental rugs. What truly sets us apart is the quality of service that we provide and our focus on client satisfaction. We only hire people who love their jobs and take pride in their work. Our showrooms are located in Malvern, PA and Dulles, VA.
Our Sheffield Furniture Outlet was created as a way to make room in our showrooms for new displays and the latest styles from the world’s best home furnishings brands. We currently have one outlet location in Phoenixville, PA and are in the process of converting our showroom in Rockville, MD into a second outlet. This position is a unique opportunity for someone to help us grow the business from the beginning and share in its success.