Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We are an innovative and dynamic real estate company that owns and manages a best-in-class portfolio of community shopping centers and mixed use properties.. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of small and large scale, value-add investments that make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan.
Federal Realty is seeking a Financial Analyst, to be located in the Rockville, MD headquarters’ office, providing strategic financial and analytical support for Federal Realty’s East Region shopping center portfolio. The East Region is comprised of 80 properties, primarily retail shopping centers, with approximately 17 million square feet of GLA. Reporting to the Vice President, Regional Finance – East Region, the Financial Analyst partners with the Asset Management, Leasing, and Development to provide financial support to achieve maximum value creation and assist in the evaluation and understanding of the overall financial performance of selected projects
- Collect, organize, analyze and interpret data across Federal Realty’s portfolio of assets focusing on the East Region
- Create and maintain property proformas
- Analyze retail and office leases along with potential development and redevelopment projects with cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses
- Assist in the preparation of periodic senior management reports and financial updates
- Provide financial support to asset managers and property operations regarding the impact of operational activities and proposed initiatives
- Assist in preparation of financial analyses for Investment Committee memoranda for significant investment decisions
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as requested
- 2-4 years’ experience in financial analyses and reporting (real estate preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Solid understanding of financial valuation concepts (financial ratios, IRR, NPV, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Argus Enterprise is a plus
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and function in a team environment by effectively communicating and sharing information with people in other departments within the company
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail while under tight deadlines
- Highly organized and efficient with the proven ability to handle multiple projects, think creatively and set priorities
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.