This is a management-level position within Finance Department that serve as an accounting, finance and budgeting expert. In this role providing financial accounting and reporting support to ensure the proprietary and budgetary account balances are properly stated, to include analysis and reconciliation of project GL accounts including supporting documents verification, timely billing as well as preparing and submitting cost proposals for different clients and federal government contracts.
- Reviewing invoices submitted for approval by subcontractors and consultants for approval by Management.Compiling project invoices for approval by Managment.
- Reviewing timesheets and timesheet breakout sheets for approval by Management.
- Reporting procurement actions for office equipment and materials for approval by Management .
- Preparation of periodic budget and cash flow forecasts in response to an evolving project work plan.
- Ensuring that everything is implemented according to the approved overall budget and subcontractor budgets.
- Conducting due diligence on financial and administrative forms submitted to the project, including Biodata 1420s of consultants and Past Performance References of subcontractorsPreparation and administration of subcontractor solicitations and selection processes under the direction of the COP.
- Upon selection of local subcontractors, responsible for preparation and negotiation of subcontracts under the direction of the COP.
- Project Financial Management, Billing, Analysis and Reporting. Preparation, review and finalizing cost proposals for various RFPs, RFTOPS.
- Quarterly Accruals, Annual ICS preparation, submission with review of NICRAs.
- DOS Projects Budgeting, Cost & Financial management, invoicing and auditing.
- Supporting external audits by providing assistance with preparing responses to audits.
- Providing recommendations for improvement in Finance, leading QuickBooks project.
- At least 5-7 years of post-graduate experience working in business and finance.
- At least 3-5 years working on finance and administration tasks on USAID projects.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or similar extensive experience working with balance sheets, P&L statements Digitally experienced (in MS Word and Excel at a minimum)Able to work well within a diverse and multi-cultural team Preferred Qualifications:An MBA, MS in Accounting or similar degree
- Language capability in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic or another language prevalent in the countries USAID works in.
- Experience leading finance and administration project startup operations in developing countries