Federal Bid Manager
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: We are looking for someone who can be in our Bethesda, MD office at least three days a week.
The primary function of the Federal Bid Manager (FBM) is to drive growth in the Government Health and Human Services (GHHS) Federal portfolio. The position requires the leadership of winning capture teams, sellers, and account managers and effective collaboration with assigned assets , subject & technical matter experts, and functional leads.
Examples Of Day To Day Activities Include
As a Federal Bid Manager (FBM), you have the opportunity to make an immediate impact in expanding IBM Watson Health’s footprint across the US Federal Government. In this role, the FBM will create account growth strategies and execute against a capture process using best practices to ensure the proposed solution is compliant, executable, financially viable and a competitive bid. The FBM is responsible for leading the capture process for specific approved opportunities, complying with all internal sales stage entry/exit requirements and executing win strategies from pursuit initiation to award.
- Lead account teams to develop long term growth strategy, value proposition, tactical & action plan, relationship and communication plan.
- Lead a team of professionals including technical, finance, legal, procurement, HR and proposal management through deal closure. Develop and maintain deal close plan, aligning proposition to client’s selection process, evaluation criteria and process. Understand the client’s organization and processes and manage all negotiations and closing activities accordingly.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, incumbent strengths and weaknesses, and competitive environment assessments including conducting black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Ensure capture intelligence and strategies are included in the proposal
- Manage the identification of gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks.
- Lead price to win assessments that drive solution approach with direct input into cost/price.
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
- Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Leverage industry experience to understand complicated technical information
- Deal with complex business relationships and manage multiple resources to deliver a strong, winning case to the prospective client
- Act as the point of contact for resolution and escalation of all key sales pursuit related items with the client and internally
- Assist in improving and enhancing the capture process as the organization evolves
- Position is based in the DC area and will be located in the IBM Bethesda office. It is expected that the candidate will work primarily from this location.
Successful candidates will possess the following Attributes:
- A creative thinker who can bring innovative ideas, new perspectives to strategies and solving problems
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/deal of different size & scope in a changing environment
- Demonstrated track record to ultimately deliver projects and assignments on target and on time
- Ability to cope with a substantial amount of responsibility, remain calm under sometimes severe pressure, and can read and interpret instructions carefully
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Sense of urgency, with ability to drive decisions and work under critical deadlines
- Leadership, problem solving, and decision making abilities
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Discover what you can make of this moment.
Embark on the journey with us! Apply now to explore this opportunity
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 5+ years’ experience in a federal bid management/proposal management role.
- Experience with Federal procurements
- Demonstrated track record of winning federal business through a complex RFP process
- Ability to be in the Bethesda, MD office at least three days a week.
Preferred Professional And Technical Expertise
- 10+ years’ experience in a federal bid management/proposal management role.
- 7+ years’ experience in Health and Human Services for government agencies, or associated business for Health and Human Services programs
- 7+ years’ experience with CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid)
- Knowledge of government health assistance programs, and related core functionality
- Knowledge of federal government healthcare market opportunities and solutions
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world’s most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.