Federal Bid Manager
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: Ideally, you can work out of the Bethesda, MD office most of the week.
The primary function of the Federal Bid Manager – Proposal (FBM-P) is to drive growth in the Government Health and Human Services (GHHS) Federal portfolio. The position requires the management and leadership of winning proposal teams, business development and account managers through effective collaboration with internal and external team members, subject & technical matter experts, and functional leads.
As a Federal Bid Manager - Proposal (FBM-P), you have the opportunity to make an immediate impact in expanding IBM Watson Health’s footprint across the US Federal Government. In this role, the FBM-P will execute against a proposal process using best practices to ensure the proposed solution is compliant, executable, financially viable and a competitive bid. The FBM-P is responsible for leading the proposal process for specific approved opportunities, complying with all internal sales stage entry/exit requirements and executing win strategies from pursuit initiation to award. Examples of day to day activities include:
- Lead a team of professionals including technical, finance, legal, procurement, HR through deal closure. Develop and maintain deal close plan, aligning proposition to client’s selection process, evaluation criteria and process. Understand the client’s organization and processes and manage all negotiations and closing activities accordingly.
- Maintain the cache of information of market research, including analysis of customer budget, current customer preferences, incumbent strengths and weaknesses, and competitive environment assessments, competitive scenarios, etc. for proposal generation.
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve optimal proposal responses.
- Ensure capture intelligence and strategies are included in the proposal
- Assist the Capture Manager to manage the identification of gaps and develop strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks.
- Brief proposal status to senior management at specified milestones in the proposal process, when material changes occur and as needed.
- Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Leverage industry experience to understand complicated technical information
- Deal with complex business relationships and manage multiple resources to deliver a strong, winning case to the prospective client
- Act as the point of contact for resolution and escalation of all key proposal related items with the client and internally
- Assist in improving and enhancing the proposal process as the organization evolves
- Position is based in the DC area and will be located in the IBM Bethesda office. It is expected that the candidate will work from this location.
Successful candidates will possess the following Attributes:
- A creative thinker who can bring innovative ideas, new perspectives to strategies and solving problems
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/deal of different size & scope in a changing environment
- Demonstrated track record to ultimately deliver projects and assignments on target and on time
- Ability to cope with a substantial amount of responsibility, remain calm under sometimes severe pressure, and can read and interpret instructions carefully
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Sense of urgency, with ability to drive decisions and work under critical deadlines
- Leadership, problem solving, and decision making abilities
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Discover what you can make of this moment.
Embark on the journey with us! Apply now to explore this opportunity