Executive Meetings Manager
The Executive Meetings Manager is responsible for developing business for the Washington, DC metropolitan area as a meeting/convention destination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
- Generate bookings for meetings and conventions in alignment with marketing priorities outlined in and certain seasonal and market segment factors.
- Identify, research, and prospect target accounts to uncover additional business opportunities for the city.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional events and industry trade shows with a goal towards developing Washington, DC business interests.
- Produce sales leads for destination’s hotel partners.
- Follow up on lead sources via inquiry, trade shows and trade publications.
- Facilitate Washington Convention Center event proposals.
- Execute and oversee client site inspections.
- Assist the direct sales effort by attending sales missions, meetings, trade shows and other industry-related functions as assigned.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the destination including the general area, convention center, hotels, and services.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and competing cities through trade publications, industry events, and travel)
- Manage client relationships to ensure adequate account servicing.
- Execute all other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Sales, the Director of Sales and Vice-President of Convention Sales & Services.
Experience, Competencies & Education
- One to two (1-2) years sales or hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. /B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field.
- Ability to read, analyze, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends; willingness to travel
- Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for city and facilities
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office, customer relationship management software and destination management software systems required