Badlands is the largest nature-inspired play space in the mid-Atlantic, offering a unique, interactive
STEAM environment for children to explore and take risks. With an emphasis on mindfulness, the facility’s programming encourages children to be present in the space as they would be in nature and challenges them to create in the Makerspace. Open daily from 9am-6pm, Badlands is a new space for families to spend the day, host birthday celebrations, enjoy delicious food options in our Market Café, and learn through playing in an environment designed for risk-taking.
At Badlands, we strive to provide our guests with a positive, playful, and educational environment. Our Educators play the largest role in creating that experience for every individual. We are developing a high-energy team with significant room for growth and increased responsibility.
- Assists with the development of programs based on STEAM learning principles.
- Serves as the teacher for Makerspace classes of both groups and individuals.
- Assists with the development and operation of our rotating exhibits.
- Reinforces natural ways of learning; facilitates unstructured play and encourages children to use their imagination and take risks.
- Acts as a role model for children and inspires them to be creative, thoughtful, and present.
- Passionately promotes company values, including mindfulness and a desire to learn continuously.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of children in play spaces; maintains a clean, safe, and respectful environment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- STEAM/STEM learning background/experience and experience in early childhood or elementary education.
- Creative individual who is adaptable and able to quickly learn new skills.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Physical requirements include bending, stooping, crawling, crouching, carrying/lifting (up to 30 pounds), pushing/pulling, reaching, repetitive motions, sitting, standing, and walking.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org