Hours: 20 hours per week, variable on a pre-determined schedule. The afternoon team works 4 hours per day scheduled between primary hours: 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m, 7:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 8:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., dependent on the school we have visiting. Schedule will be provided well in advance.
Junior Achievement Finance Park® is a state-of-the art, youth financial literacy center in Silver Spring, Maryland. Over 12,000 Montgomery County 7th grade students will visit the center in 2018-2019.
Volunteers from the community and school teachers mentor students through this experience. This position is part of a team that facilitates the JA Finance Park® simulation. Responsibilities include collaborating with the afternoon staff during afternoon changeover, securing essential data and feedback, providing structure and support throughout the simulation for volunteers, teachers and students, and preparing the facility for the next day, including use by sponsors and other groups.
Additional responsibilities can include daily set-up and training volunteers and students. The incumbent is responsible for engaging and shepherding middle school students through the JA Finance Park® experience.
This position is located in Silver Spring, MD.
Implements the JA Finance Park® simulation during school visits.
- Trains and supports volunteers in JA Finance Park® simulation.
- Interacts with students to support them through their JA Finance Park® simulation experience.
- Directs and supports teachers throughout the JA Finance Park® simulation experience.
- Prepares the facility for school and external visits, as well as external events at JA Finance Park®.
- Maintains the facility in between school and external visits and various external events. Communicates with appropriate staff on all program material needs, volunteer and teacher needs, and visitor needs.
- Maintains inventory for curriculum, product materials, and supplies.
- Assists in timely data entry, including report generation, as required to ensure positive program management.
- Assists in appropriate correspondence, communications, and follow up, as needed.
- Supports and assists with external events at JA Finance Park®.
- Completes all necessary tasks required to ensure longevity of program and building.
- All other duties as assigned.
Professional and physical requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience working with school-aged students preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible with hours.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Position hire is contingent on Montgomery County Public Schools background check.
12501 Dalewood Dr, Silver Spring, MD
$17 / hour
Please send resume and cover letter to Caitlin.Hennessy@ja.org. No phone calls, please.