Director of Proposal Operations
The Director of Proposal Operations is responsible for leading, planning, scheduling, and overseeing the timely development and delivery of high-quality responses to state, federal, and commercial business opportunities, from pre-RFP to post-submission activities. The Director of Proposal Operations is a thought leader and process expert, with the ability to facilitate process discussions and provide process training relate to all activities throughout the proposal lifecycle. This role will include direct management of proposal support staff including proposal writers, coordinators, desktop publishers and/or graphics specialists. Additionally, the Director of Proposal Operations must be able to coordinate the efforts of subject matter experts and specialists across the organization and from external partners and consultants. The ideal candidate is a thought leader, able to see the big picture without overlooking the details, fosters a positive and responsive team environment, and can quickly adjust to dynamic proposal development schedules and requirements. The Director of Proposal Operations reports to the Vice President of Proposal Operations and will support the continuous improvement of proposal best practices and processes.
What you will do:
- Manage the successful development of compliant, competitive, cogent, and compelling proposals through effective collaboration across teams that include internal staff, corporate partners, consultants, and supporting vendors.
- Apply experience and best practices in proposal team management to ensure the timely delivery of proposal submissions that are fully compliant with solicitation instructions.
- Support the VP of Proposal Operations in the development and delivery of training materials for Business Development and other staff to continuously improve our corporate proposal operations.
- Lead and analyze RFI, RFQ, RFPs and other bid documents for requirements.
- Develop the proposal schedule, outline, compliance matrix, and Proposal Development Plan.
- Establish and maintain the SharePoint collaboration site for each proposal.
- Provide insight, leadership, and work guidance to authors on all proposal content including integration of win strategy, themes, and discriminators.
- Take ownership of the quality of the proposal for color reviews and final delivery by performing rigorous quality assurance checks on draft and final documents.
- Manage the development of oral presentations, discussions, and proposal revisions.
- Coordinate and support the production, reproduction, binding, and packaging in finalizing the proposal submission and response processes.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, or Business Management.
- 7+ years of proposal management experience participating in commercial or government proposals efforts.
- Additional experience in writing corporate capabilities statements and formatting resumes.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills, as well as advanced skills in Word, are required.
- Working experience with MS Project, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with creating and maintaining SharePoint document repositories is a plus.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Availability to work long hours and over weekends when needed to complete proposals on schedule.
- Experience interacting with people at all levels in an organization.
We are proud to be a partner to the public sector, a trail blazer in health IT and a passionate advocate for better health, better care and lower costs for millions of Americans. Innovation is core to our DNA and through our iCare program we invest in the well-being of our employees and the communities in which we live and work. You will be offered a solid compensation package which includes:
- Annual and Other Paid Leave
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan
- Disability Insurance (Short & Long Term)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Savings Plan
- Tuition & Training Assistance
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
CNSI maintains a policy supporting equal employment opportunity. Employment decisions at CNSI are made without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic status, family responsibilities, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. We are proud of our diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.