Director, Education Marketing
Global Education Marketing Director
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is seeking a talented, self-directed senior marketing professional to lead the global marketing strategy and team focused on Education. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
This role will be responsible for leading the development of the global Education marketing strategy and plan. Global Education is defined as K12/primary, higher education/secondary, publishers, EdTech companies, and outreach programs for students. This includes driving foundational messaging elements that are part of field and industry marketing activities such as key events, marketing assets, digital marketing strategy and other customer-facing programs designed to drive further adoption of AWS among technical influencers and decision makers in this industry. The successful candidate will also be responsible for measuring and reporting on all marketing activities, showing direct impact to the business. This person will lead a growing team of talented marketing professionals and will also lead collaboration with the broader marketing organization (events, digital, content, product marketing) to oversee successful execution of all education marketing activities. Successful candidates must be able to recognize the needs of this specialized market segments and use this understanding to create targeted messaging/content and customer facing campaigns in alignment with business objectives.
The ideal candidate has a passion for and experience in education, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to quickly grasp technology concepts. Candidate must be able to generate and present marketing content and be well versed in all aspects of field marketing campaign development and execution.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing the overall marketing strategy to drive awareness and demand generation campaigns for AWS in education
- Build digital campaigns that address the differing needs of both technical and non-technical users and buyers
- Manage a growing team of direct reports
- Oversee all field marketing execution for education
- Stay up to date on current trends and customer insights in education
- Be a successful business partner to the education sales lead and broader sales and technical teams
- Craft and develop compelling messaging and tools focused on customers for use on the web, at live events and in customer facing programs.
- Work with the rest of the education marketing team and broader Public Sector marketing team to distill key functionality and benefits into core marketing messages that resonate with this audience.
- Identify and execute breakthrough marketing activities that reach target audiences.
- Deliver clear, concise content for websites and social media.
- Work closely with marketing and sales teammates to achieve business goals.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology companies/products to public sector IT customers.
- Proven track record creating compelling positioning and marketing content and campaigns for state and local government
- Demonstrated ability to tie marketing programs to ROI metrics
- Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Understanding of education decision making process and players
- Knowledge of key issues in the education market
- The candidate must also be a strong partner and leader with excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation