Digital Marketing Manager
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies in the area. We encourage you to research Federal Realty to learn about our high quality community shopping centers and mixed use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country (as measured by the value of our assets), we function and operate as a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability can be involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
The Digital Marketing Manager serves as a key player in the execution of the digital marketing strategy and its supporting action plans. Responsible for creating, monitoring, optimizing, and reporting on both organic and paid social media fronts—the Digital Marketing Manager works in partnership with the marketing team as well as key client stakeholders. Must have experience with content strategy and writing, account creation and management, analytics, and ad creation and management. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly focused, and capable of working at a strategic level while simultaneously executing on a tactical level. We’re looking for someone with a strong background in a broad range of channels, including search engine optimization, pay-per-click, email marketing, social media marketing and analytics. This person must have an eye for impactful, creative development and storytelling – integrated with a natural ability to lead. The person in this position will be involved in the growth of our entire marketing department, so we are looking for a candidate who is able to lead by example, while providing instruction and education to other team members. The position serves as the primary manager of the targeting tools, is responsible for identifying, loading and maintaining member-appropriate content, and experimenting with online targeted marketing.
- Writing, editing, and copyediting content for digital, print, and social platforms; contributing ideas for leveraging social media channels; project management, schedule development and maintenance.
- Plan, create, and launch social media content in a thorough, well-organized manner using internal tools and native platforms.
- Work independently, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process
- Copyedit material and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality.
- Generate creative and engaging social content and campaigns for a variety audiences
- Co-create, manage and execute the content marketing strategy – developing editorial calendars, managing SEO strategy, writing and distributing content across all the channels.
- Partner with internal teams to bring great campaigns to life across all digital channels.
- Develop schedules for marketing campaigns, track audience and dissemination dates, provide analytics, and research best practices.
- Develop complex pay-per-click campaigns from the ground up and execute the day-to-day management.
- Conduct organic search optimization for client projects and proactively recommend next steps based on past performance
- Leverage a “test, measure and refine” approach to constantly improve program results and increase the impact of targeted marketing on conversion and revenue
- Maintain a sharp eye on data, analytics and content performance to impact campaign strategies across digital and traditional channels.
- Analyze and interpret results to identify trends and key insights
- Provide ongoing measurement and optimization of social media programs
- Contribute to marketing reports to illustrate integrated marketing communications campaign performance, trends, and insights. Analyze data to measure campaign effectiveness.
- Leverages metrics and research where appropriate to define and track performance against goals mapped to objectives and targets, adjusting as new data comes in
- Leverage social listening tools to provide meaningful insights and trending topics
- Lead recommendations for and carefully execute all aspects of email marketing.
- Be a resident expert in social media—tools, trends, applications and new opportunities in the space
- Act as a leader within the marketing team and be able to contribute to the overall knowledge of the team.
- Contribute innovative content and digital marketing strategies to the team and company.
- Surfaces new online marketing ideas and tactics to drive growth and collaborate with teams to test value and ability to execute
- Helps allocate digital marketing budgets and develops digital marketing plans across all online channels, including media, email, website, mobile, and social media
- Make strategic recommendations, best practices recommendations, meetings and presentations, requirements documenting, training, and other tasks as they arise
- Provides day to day management and oversight, including status report generation, monthly meetings, and ongoing account support.
- Monitor social communities and engage target audiences
- Optimize programs to grow communities and engagement
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- 4+ years of digital marketing
- Experience in digital marketing channels and tools, such as Facebook advertising, Google Adwords, email marketing platforms, etc.
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Omniture Sitecatalyst, WebTrends)
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Data-centric with an ability to produce reports and metrics; a keen eye for SEO/SEM and mining data to uncover insights.
- Strong project management skills, specifically managing deadlines for multiple projects
- Results-driven approach with success in activating social analytics to drive optimization
- Creative thinking and a love for working in a team environment
- Ability to manage, monitor and participate in conversations with customers; openness to monitoring during non-standard work hours
- Excellent writing skills and experience drafting social posts as well as working with editorial and content calendars
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a talent for articulately presenting and selling ideas
- Knowledge of basic image editing and HTML preferred