Digital Marketing Coordinator
Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our Communications and Marketing Department. The selected candidate will have a results-driven focus on the support and implementation of Communications and Marketing initiatives that drive revenue, increase traffic, and personalize the customer journey and user experience. If you possess digital marketing experience, an aptitude for copy writing, a meticulous focus on detail and organization, and bring a commitment to your work, we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Contribute to the planning, executing, and budgeting of marketing plans including digital and print campaigns; and draft high-quality copy for marketing campaigns
- Support accurate execution of integrated marketing campaigns including promotional e-mails, social media content, copywriting and messaging, direct mail, and print and online advertising
- Coordinate the design of print and digital marketing materials with an external vendor
- Serve as a contact to internal stakeholders for marketing program responsibilities
- Support tracking and performance measurement of marketing programs including using Adobe Campaign
- Assist Communications and Marketing teams and internal stakeholders to create paid digital strategies and metric generating campaigns focused on product sales, meeting registration, and membership recruitment and retention
- Provide administrative support to the marketing team for invoice processing, budgeting, meeting scheduling, and coordinating contracts in a timely manner; and coordinate printing of collateral and other materials
What you will need in order to be successful:
- 2-4 years of experience in a marketing agency, internal marketing department, or association; experience with digital marketing campaigns and services
- College degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and an openness to embracing new technology
- Experience with Adobe Campaign or other email marketing software (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.) a plus
- Experience with PPC, SEO, Social Media a plus
- Superior communication skills; including oral, written, and listening
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment that requires juggling multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; team-oriented approach and customer-service oriented
- Able to manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goal