Development Officer – Women’s Philanthropy
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is working to strengthen the Jewish community in the District of Columbia, Suburban Maryland, and Northern Virginia. We mobilize community builders and organizations to identify and develop solutions to our community’s greatest needs. We serve as a hub to generate the kind of innovation and big thinking needed to guide our community to a vibrant future. Federation’s unique perspective, reach, and relationships within the community empower us to meet both individual and collective needs, now and for the future. And our vantage point from the nation’s capital gives us the vision to address the concerns of the Jewish people across the country and around the world. Learn more at shalomdc.org.
Our Development Officer of Women’s Philanthropy is an experienced relationship builder with a proven track record of soliciting annual campaign gifts. The professional will be responsible for managing a fundraising portfolio, with a primary focus on philanthropic women and their households and working closely with lay leaders to engage donors through smaller, specialized cohorts. This position entails working with significant donors and senior laypeople and committees, requiring a high level of skill, discretion and teamwork.
- Manage a fundraising portfolio with an emphasis in planning and implementing the effective identification, cultivation, face to face solicitation and stewardship of donors in WP giving $500-$4,999.
- In partnership with lay leadership, initiate, support and develop cohorts and cohort-building experiences/events to connect with new prospects, build relationships with existing donors, cultivate relationships amongst donors and build goodwill in the community toward fulfillment of the Federation mission; support lay leaders by developing strategies for committees, meetings and events, and developing appropriate written materials.
- Proactively connect with existing donors and prospects to extend the reach and awareness of Federation
- Recruit solicitors and ensures that they receive appropriate training and ongoing support; manage a team of Women’s Philanthropy Ambassadors
- Works to assure donor satisfaction with the highest level of customer service;
- 5+ years of experience with some combination of donor-centered fundraising and solicitation
- Experience in event, strategic, and operational planning.
- Firsthand knowledge of the Jewish community, its customs and practices
- Knowledge of fundraising systems and experience in prospect identification.
- Previous experience with working with volunteer committees
- Strong donor/customer-relations skills: proven ability in creating strategies to cultivate prospects and channel donor engagement leading to greater charitable support.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative and flexibility.
Interested? To apply for this exciting position, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using subject line WPDO - FY20