- Are you a driven and dynamic professional motivated to learn the ins and outs of fundraising while providing excellent administrative support?
- Do you thrive in a creative, fast-paced team environment?
- Do you care about and understand the needs and interests of the Jewish community?
If you answered yes to these questions, we may be a perfect match!
Our Development Assistant fills a key role in the success of our fundraising efforts, accountable for preparing our fundraising professionals for a variety of situations; meetings, travel, solicitations, events and more. We're looking for a team player with a drive for excellence, communicating effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
Our Development Assistant:
- Works in partnership with, and in support of, a variety of fundraising professionals
- Communicates regularly, both written and verbally, with senior level donors, lay leadership and community partners
- Performs an array of administrative tasks such as managing calendars, booking travel, and scheduling and coordinating meeting logistics
- Utilizes the Federation database to maintain donor information, conduct donor research, enter interaction reports and run lists
- Operates with the highest level of customer service, building efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations
- Anticipates the needs of the team and works to resolve operational and administrative issues before they arise
- Works in a high speed, detail-oriented environment, managing a variety of simultaneous projects
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Has attained a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience supporting a fast paced, high stake, professional environment
- Must be highly proficient in MS word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and comfortable with existing and new technology
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills: professional appearance and telephone manner are essential
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people
- Must have excellent command of the English language, verbal and written with attention to proper grammar and spelling
- CRM experience a plus
- Knowledge of the Jewish Community, its customs and practices a plus
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, using subject line DEVASST FY20
About The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an innovative, mission-driven non-profit organization dedicated to building a vibrant, welcoming and inclusive Jewish community for all. Federation identifies and meets community needs to create a strong local Jewish community and strengthen our connection with Jews in Israel and around the world. Federation partners with more than 60 local, national and international agencies to offer innovative programs and services to all who need and want them. Federation articulates a clear vision for Jewish life and brings together resources of all kinds in pursuit of that vision.