Development Analyst Summer Internships – Undergraduate
We are seeking rising seniors with superior academic records and proven excellence in quantitative, analytical, composition, and communication skills. This position will assist the Development Manager(s) and the larger Development Team in all aspects of the development process of complex urban projects, including acquisition, financing, zoning/entitlements, design, permitting, construction, leasing, delivery and disposition. Accordingly, Analyst Interns will be actively involved in a variety of tasks ranging from strategic decision making to detailed project coordination and organization.
- Coordinate and attend design and construction meetings;
- Create and maintain financial analyses;
- Assist in RFP and contracting process for architects, engineers, contractors, and other outside consultants; present recommendations to the Development Manager; assist in the contracting of various consultants, contractors and vendors;
- Prepare and monitor budgets;
- Assist in obtaining project entitlements and permits, including meetings with City/County staff to negotiate outstanding issues; creating presentations for public forums; assist in tracking the fulfillment of entitlement proffers and conditions;
- Track project schedules and monitor progress and delays;
- Review contractor, consultant and vendor invoices for accuracy and compare to applicable proposals/contracts; and
- Work with financial analysts to keep project-specific economic models up to date.
- Spring Class of 2021/Fall Class of 2020 candidate currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in related major;
- Prior internship or other work experience in the real estate industry is preferred;
- Passion for real estate development;
- Ability to work independently and lead portions of a project to leverage full-time team members' time;
- Knowledge of development fundamentals is preferred; including the process, proforma, design, financing, permitting, construction, and project management;
- Strong attention to detail, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced dynamic environment; and
- Strong financial, entrepreneurial, problem-solving, time management, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.