Coordinator, Youth Engagement
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
Generation No Kid Hungry is a platform devoted to engaging young people in the issue of childhood hunger. To support this effort, we seek a Youth Engagement Coordinator to support our Youth Ambassador Program and Generation No Kid Hungry initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain GenerationNoKidHungry.org, ensuring timely updates to content, actions, resources, and the featured social content.
- Respond to youth-related inquiries through email info boxes and hotlines, ensuring the submissions from online web forms are handled within 24 hours.
- Support content creation by providing engagement ideas (staying current on trends, articles, etc. for social media to better engage Generation No Kid Hungry in real time), working in concert with the social media team.
- Provide support for projects driven by No Kid Hungry’s youth supporters.
- Support No Kid Hungry campaigns by activating the members of Generation No Kid Hungry and the Youth Ambassador program.
- Represent Generation No Kid Hungry at conferences and events and recruit new youth supporters.
- Support National Youth Day by organizing logistics and conducting partner/youth outreach for social media activations.
- Support the Youth Ambassador program (a college internship program with No Kid Hungry’s state campaigns), including but not limited to:
- Update and promote the partner application and support the recruitment of youth ambassadors, with an eye toward increasing diversity of the applicant pool.
- Assist with hiring and onboarding youth ambassadors for the fall, spring, and summer sessions.
- Schedule trainings and provide a weekly check in for youth ambassadors to share their stories from the field.
- Work with the social media team to leverage stories collected from the field for Generation No Kid Hungry content.
- Prepare monthly updates for our program funders.
- Conduct a landscape analysis of the Youth Ambassador program to date, determining areas for alumni engagement.
- Administrative tasks and other daily duties.
- 1-2 years of experience working with college students, engagement programs, communications, or similar field of experience.
- Interest in food security, youth engagement, and/or non-profits.
- Organized, self-motivated and flexible.
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), and emotional intelligence.
- Outstanding, proven research and writing skills.
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. No Calls Please.