Community Relations Manager
The Manager of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Education Programs is responsible for leading Lockheed Martin’s philanthropic and community relations efforts to inspire the next generation to pursue a STEM career. The individual will be responsible for executing our STEM strategy, coordinating with internal partners on outreach efforts, and identifying and managing nonprofit partners.
- Develop and implement strategy for STEM outreach.
- Position Lockheed Martin as STEM thought leader through development of op eds, executive Board engagements and other outreach.
- Manage and execute Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program, including vendor management.
- Coordinate internal and external story telling of our STEM investments, including STEM Scholar stories.
- Research and analyze grant requests for STEM partnerships, make funding recommendations, and respond to nonprofit organizations on behalf of Lockheed Martin.
- Create and manage associated STEM volunteer activities to engage our employees and leaders.
- Develop communications plans for STEM activities as needed and oversee events and programs.
- Engage business area community relations and internal partners in strategy and outreach activities to ensure integration and alignment.
- Coordinate internal and external publicity that highlights Lockheed Martin's philanthropic initiatives and commitment to our communities.
- Represent the corporation with external organizations and successfully manage all community relations activities within the allocated budget.