Communications Coordinator and Graphic Designer
Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college preparatory school, committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical, and social development of young women in grades 6 through 12. The school emphasizes academic challenge, joy of learning, and education of well-rounded women of faith and action. The Holy Child community welcomes students and families of different faiths and diverse backgrounds. In keeping with the philosophy of our founder Cornelia Connelly, Holy Child values the uniqueness of each individual and fosters a life of service to others.
The Communications Coordinator and Graphic Designer will support the Communications Department with all communications, marketing, and public relations priorities so that we can consistently articulate the Holy Child mission. This position will work closely and report to the Director of Communications and the Associate Director of Communications as well as colleagues across the school.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills. Graphic design experience is required. The candidate must be proficient in Adobe’s Creative Suite including Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign. The candidate is required to have knowledge and understanding of Word Press to update our website. She/he must have a strong visual sense and a developed sensitivity to web-related design, and possess excellent proofing skills. The ability to follow our style guidelines and web standards is a must. Previous marketing experience a plus.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the layout, design, and production of marketing materials (print and digital ads, brochures, flyers, signage, banners, etc.)
- Collaborate with printers and other vendors to ensure accuracy and quality
- Assist with the maintenance and updates of the Holy Child website
- Assist in planning the marketing calendar and campaigns
- Must be able to project manage own workload and work on multiple projects going on at the same time
- Works collaboratively
- Help with the school’s store, The Tiger Shop – coordinating volunteers, ordering merchandising, and execute administrative items for the store while working closely with the Director of Communications on these items
- Assist in all aspects of team operations and other duties as assigned
Key Skills And Qualifications
- Skilled in Adobe CC suite, Microsoft Office, and Wordpress
- Proven graphic design experience
- Comfortable and has experience designing all product types (digital, print, large format, experiential, etc.)
- Flexible problem solver with ability to work with a variety of people and personality types
- Ability to fully engage with the mission and happenings of the school community
- Commitment to innovation and professional development
- Self-confident, enthusiastic, and collaborative professional
- Detail and solution oriented
- Passion for working in an all-girls learning community
- Ability to work on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong time management skills
- Takes direction well and is able to execute on other’s ideas.
- Keeps current in modern design and digital trends and solutions.
- Able to carry a project from start to finish effectively and with confidence
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required with experience in a relevant area of communications, marketing, or public relations.
All interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and three examples of your graphic design work to Caitlin Chalke ( click apply ). A work sample test will be given during the application process as well.