Client Success Manager
At Salsa, we’re not your typical SaaS company - we represent a community of more than 3,000 nonprofit organizations. We support our clients’ efforts to do everything from ending hunger to eliminating nuclear weapons to providing playgrounds for children. We want our clients to use our software to change the world – and to do that, we need Client Success Managers to inspire each and every client, identify their goals, and act as a trusted advisor to help them adopt Salsa’s tools.
Client Success Managers report to the Manager of Client Success and will “own” a portfolio of premier Salsa clients. Our Client Success Managers are responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with Salsa users, acting as an escalation point for issues that impact client success and responding to retention risks and opportunities. As a member of the Client Success Team, this position will aim to expand Salsa’s adoption, retention, and ultimately, success. Client Success Managers work to become not just Salsa experts, but a valued resource in SaaS organizing technology, best practices, and digital campaign management.
- Professionally manage customer relationships with a portfolio of assigned accounts
- Meet customer retention goals and ensure consistently high retention rates.
- Build and maintain strong, trusted working relationships with key decision makers and power users from onboarding to end of client lifecycle.
- Gain a thorough understanding of assigned client’s needs, campaign objectives, and processes to ensure that they successfully adopt and deploy Salsa.
- Ensure that customers derive maximum value from Salsa and collaborate with the sales team to help upsell additional services, integrations, and features.
- Identify risks to client success and aggressively/proactively engage the client whenever there’s an identified retention issue.
- Develop and execute retention plans for customers who may be at risk
- Closely track client engagement activity and risk potential in Salesforce and Gainsight
- Drive resolution of escalated account issues in coordination with Billing, Support, and other departments.
- Gain and maintain an expert knowledge of Salsa’s products and services
- Be a voice for accounts internally and help senior leadership understand product concerns, shortcomings, and missing features that are retention risks.
- Manage contract related inquiries, questions, and issues from clients and other departments.
- This position may require occasional travel to client sites and Salsa locations.
Some Must Have’s:
- 2+ years proven success in Customer Success role for a SaaS company with a designated portfolio of clients
- Experience with account portfolio planning, management, and prioritization
- High attention to detail and willingness to get “in the weeds” to fix a problem
- Comfortable navigating and mediating conflict while being able to foster honest dialog
- Knowledge of customer success best practices
- Experience driving client adoption of technology or software product
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk and Gainsight
- Direct experience working at a nonprofit, or in the fundraising, advocacy, or digital marketing industry
Benefits of Working at Salsa Labs:
Aside from working with smart, passionate Salsa employees, having uncapped growth potential and an awesome work/life balance, this position includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with immediate enrollment, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, stock options, paid holidays, unlimited paid time-off and no dress code!
Location & Work Environment:
Just a few blocks from the Bethesda Metro on the Red Line, our office is located at 7920 Norfolk Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814. Our culture is fast-paced, creative and innovative with a casual work environment.
EEO Statement: Salsa Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.