Camp JCC Office Manager
Responsible for creation and implementation of all aspects of the camp office and business administration for Camp JCC. Provides excellent customer service to camp parents, staff, and campers within the guidelines set by the Bender JCC of Greater Washington.
Essential Functions Of The Position
- Respond promptly, courteously, and accurately to general inquiries.
- Manage program logistics for meetings, interviews, camp fairs, other events, etc.
- Work with different departments across the Bender JCC to ensure Camp and year round opportunities are prepared and ready. To include, Accounting, Facilities, IT and more.
- Assist with the coordination of advertising and marketing for brochure, Center Scene, eblasts, outside ads, including editing of family handbook, parent emails, newsletters and eblasts.
- Responsible for overall organization of camp office spaces year round and seasonal.
- Train and prepares seasonal staff and office staff including, camp office assistants and transportation coordinator.
- Provide support and assistance with recruitment and hiring process.
- Use camp management system to manage and record camper application and enrollment processes.
- Track and oversee all payments and funds collection.
- Collect and file all required camper forms.
- Prepare reports of enrollment and camper information.
- Oversee camp scholarship and partnering financial-aid agencies inquiries, funding, payments, overpayments and refunds. .
- Follow up continuously on pending and wait listed camper applications throughout the year.
- Deliver excellent quality customer service at all times.
- Develop, maintain and manage relationships with families, staff and campers. Participate in community and holiday events to promote Camp JCC and the Bender JCC
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to get on the floor to participate and supervise activities.
- Must be able to spend an extended period of time outdoors, walk and travel long distances.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Education And Experience
- Prior experience in an administrative position preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- College degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Comfortable working with and around children and adults with a wide range of abilities
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with parents, children and peers (including those with a range of abilities), verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington, including its Personnel Handbook, Camp Staff manual and ability to abide by them.
- Ability to work in a team environment.