Location: Frederick, MD
Exeter Government Services is seeking a Requirements Analyst with student loan servicing software or financial systems experience. Business requirements are to be analyzed, developed, defined and documented for enhancements, new functionality, and sustainment/maintenance of a very large and complex Federal loan system. Experience with Federal government contracts and comprehensive support to the software development life cycle (SDLC) is required. The Requirements Analyst will interview key stakeholders and relevant support staff to determine business requirements, create process flows, work flows, swim lanes and narrative to document the business requirements. Working with other components of the SDLC, all requirements must be identified and fully documented; reviewed; and accepted. The Requirements Analyst will work individually and in a team environment; focus is on listening, analyzing, documenting, verifying and finalizing requirements which are then used by designers, developers, and testers to complete the SDLC and implement new functionality via scheduled software releases.
Regular duties include:
- Elicits requirements through documentation analysis, communication, interviews, JAD sessions and other techniques as needed. These activities include co- workers, Federal customers, and subject matter experts.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements. Look for derived requirements that are a logical consequence of the customers’ requests, as well as implicit requirements that haven’t been verbalized.
- Define business rules, quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Write requirements specifications, using standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Identify ambiguous, conflicting, incorrect or incomplete requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice; familiarity with requirements engineering books and resources
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information)
- Understanding of financial systems and processing
- Independent thinking and decision making skills
- At least 8 years of IT requirements analysis and development experience
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with similar large-scale IT systems and the support required to operate, maintain and enhance those systems
- Ability to conduct requirements gathering meetings and interactive sessions with end-users and other system stakeholders; facilitate discussions; and reach consensus / decisions
- Clearance requirement: moderate level background investigation.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Knowledge and experience with debt management systems and software
- Knowledge and experience with Federal student loans
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.