Branch Manager – Leisureworld
Since 1868, Sandy Spring Bank has provided outstanding financial services and remained committed to being a strong, local, independent bank. Our community offices throughout Maryland, Northern Virginia and the District of Columbia serve the unique needs of individuals, businesses and organizations every day.
We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment to being remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we provide a market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive benefits package. Sandy Spring takes pride in offering a broad benefits program to its most valuable asset….our staff.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting Branch Manager. If you are the chosen candidate, you will manage and lead the overall performance of a retail branch office. You will be responsible for developing new retail and commercial client relationships and expanding existing relationships utilizing professional sales techniques to prospect, identify, and meet client needs. You will work in cooperation and coordination with branch staff to achieve referral goals, production goals, and support a positive team atmosphere and be responsible for generating deposit, loan, and investment fee income growth to meet branch profit plan and participate in business events and networking opportunities.
Areas Of Focus
- Take ownership of production goals for deposits, loans, fee income, and other goals as assigned. Coordinate with branch staff and other business lines to achieve growth objectives, utilizing standard sales techniques.
- Have complete understanding of all products sold in the retail branch office and familiarity with products sold by other business lines. Maintains knowledge of credit standards and loan processing procedures.
- Assists clients promptly and efficiently, ensuring service quality, and following established procedures, sells, services, and maintains all types of accounts.
- Resolves escalated client concerns by responding responsibly and provides support to staff in dealing with difficult situations.
- Be responsible for daily operations of retail branch office.
- Supervises and coaches assigned branch staff to develop knowledge, skills and abilities to maximize performance potential.
- Follows established audit, security and compliance guidelines to protect the staff, company assets, and clients from harm or loss.
- Represents Sandy Spring Bank to the client and community in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Minimum of 3 years retail sales banking experience to include at least 2 years of successful management/supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of banking products and related laws and regulations is required.
- Knowledge of standard audit and security procedures required.
- Ability to effectively lead, coach and motivate others is desired.
- Intermediate computer skills required using standard windows-based software; Metavante Banking System is also required through experience or on-the-job training.
- Ability to make productive business development calls is needed.
- Possess English language skills to effectively and professionally express ideas, both in written and oral forms.
- Advanced problem solving skills is required.
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.