To perform extensive bookkeeping for the Chairman and varied accounting and administrative services for Cambridge Information Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following, but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Process checks, wire funds, reconcile bank statements and maintain files for the Chairman, and various entities.
- Set up autopayment for automobile loans, mortgages, condo fees, utilities, etc.
- Keep bank accounts current and accurate.
- Provide book and bank balances as requested and notify appropriate parties when funds become low.
- Assist the Accounting/AP team with monthly financial close tasks and bank reconciliations for the Chairman and various entities.
Art and Aviation Poster Collections
- Maintain art records for the owners and various entities. This includes using Collectors Systems software to record information such as location, cost, title, artist, ownership as well as other pertinent information.
- Conduct an annual comprehensive art and aviation poster inventory for insurance purposes.
- Coordinate with auctioneer and consignment representative when artwork is put up for sale. Inform auction house regarding items available for auction, send items to the auction house. Keep track of items sold and which remain at auction house. Update Collectors Systems with changes due to sales and make sure unsold items are returned.
- Process and file quarterly tax payments
- Upload Chairman’s tax information into Tax Caddy
- Send tax information for various entities to Finance and external tax and legal advisors.
- Interface with Chairman’s insurance company to make sure all his property has up to date coverage and apprise them of any improvements or work done on various properties.
- File the Chairman and his wife’s dental and medical bills with insurance company and match the EOBs with the paid bills or receipts
- Provide administrative support, as requested
- Serve as back-up to the Chairman’s Executive Assistant
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to be trustworthy and dependable
- Proficiency in Quicken and Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships
- Support and embrace diversity and inclusiveness
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Ability to adapt to changes in the workplace
- Ability to use basic office equipment
- Ability to interact effectively with internal colleagues and external business parties
- Ability to be present in the office during core business hours
- Ability to work additional hours, if necessary
- Ability to pass a background check
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
- 3 or more years of bookkeeping experience or equivalent experience in a related field
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status is required
- Excellent English language skills; oral and written
Excellent telephone communication skills