EMMES, established in 1977, is a Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
Emmes is seeking Master Level Biostatisticians to join our collaborative and accomplished statistical team.
The Biostatistician collaborates with clinical investigators to determine study design, contributes to protocol development, writes statistical analysis plans, performs statistical analysis and inference and writes and presents reports summarizing findings including publications in peer-reviewed journals. The Biostatistician develops systems for monitoring the quality of clinical data. The Biostatistician ensures high-quality statistical support is provided for clinical trials, registries and basic research using advanced statistical skills and knowledge of clinical research. The Biostatistician maintains expertise in state-of-the-art data manipulation and statistical methodology.
- Collaborates with clinical investigators to determine study design
- Writes sections of protocols that require statistical input
- Reviews protocols and case report forms to ensure that protocol objectives are met and standards are maintained
- Generates treatment allocations in randomized clinical research studies and ensures proper implementation
- Leads the project team’s development of statistical analysis plans and programs to perform analyses and display study data
- Performs statistical analyses, writes and validates application programs
- Implements data and safety monitoring reports to ensure participants safety
- Develops metrics and generates quality control reports to optimize the performance of clinical sites and the coordinating center
- Generates study reports to be distributed to internal and external monitoring committees and regulatory bodies
- Authors or contributes to manuscripts and/or scientific presentations
- Participates in professional development activities both within and outside the company
- Masters in biostatistics or statistics with clinical research experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical methods and applications in clinical research
- Competent in SAS programming language and/or R
- Expertise in state-of-the-art data manipulation and statistical methodology
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral