Bender ECC Assistant Teacher
The Bender JCC Preschool seeks part time Assistant Teachers for our Jewish Reggio-inspired program.
**3pm-6pm positions available**
Major responsibilities involved in creating an educational experience for the students in our school and their families:
- Participate fully in the school’s nurturing team environment, partnering with ECC Leadership, Teacher and Administrative teams.
- Prepare, coordinate and support weekly and daily classroom lesson plans.
- Support the learning and growth of the children in the progressive Reggio environment.
- Maintain progress reports, regularly communicating with parents to share development information.
- Plan for and manage the classroom in the afternoons whenever the Lead Teacher is in meetings.
- Attend and participate fully in biweekly professional development meetings during the workday
- Assure that snacks are provided to the classroom while maintaining the food prep area and other areas of the ECC are neat and clean.
- Attend to the personal hygiene of students, as needed.
- Ensuring the safety and care of the children.
- 90-hour certificate in ECE preferred, or willingness to obtain certificate
- Knowledge of best practices in early childhood education and a commitment to continued education
- Strong written and spoken language skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and joyful disposition
- Experience working with young children
- Fluency in English
- Ability to lift a child, run with the children and supervise children well
- Judaic knowledge, Reggio learning, experience with children with special needs a plus.