Associate Editor for Digital Content
- Manage and implement reorganization of current website content and structure to better meet audience needs and organizational goals.
- Initiate new content and coordinate ongoing content management of the website with relevant staff members.
- Use analytics to ensure that the website is user-friendly for both association members and outside audiences.
- Bring together currently disparate electronic newsletters for a variety of audiences under common branding, message and structure.
- Coordinate ongoing content management of newsletters with relevant staff members.
- Manage technical formatting and mailing of electronic newsletters.
- Support strategies to expand member engagement.
- Support other editing tasks in the organization as needed.
- Serve as a strategic partner for the communications team.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Communications.
Reporting Structure: The Associate Editor reports to the Director of Communications.
Job Classification: Exempt
Preferred Qualifications: It is important to note that these qualifications are preferred. We recognize that there are several professional profiles that could be well suited to this position. Should your profile vary in some ways from the qualifications listed and you think you can be successful in this endeavor, please do not hesitate to apply.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in content development for websites and newsletters, preferably for membership or nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects requiring interdepartmental coordination and implementation, or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding and preferably experience with principles of information architecture.
- Strong organizational skills, including the capacity to organize and synthesize complex information and multitask while maintaining attention to detail.
- Knowledge of CMS (experience with Drupal a plus); understanding of and ability to learn new communications technologies.
- Familiarity with metrics, web analytics, and ability to perform ROI analysis.
- Enthusiasm for working in and for an academic discipline; experience in academic environment a plus; familiarity with sociology a plus.
Compensation: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A full benefits package is provided to all ASA staff members.
To apply: Please submit a substantive cover letter and a resume to Mark Fernando, Director of Governance and Administration, via email and not LinkedIn. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org and place “Associate Editor for Digital Content” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
ASA is an equal opportunity employer.