Assistant Facility Manager
Recreation/Enterprise Facility Manager II, (Assistant Facility Manager) to manage the daily operations of the facility by assisting the facility manager with ensuring that all ice programs and rentals run as scheduled on the NHL Rink; building maintenance; program administration; facility budget preparation; staff supervision (recruits, hires, trains, schedules, and evaluates) and assists with oversight of the Pro Shop and Snack Bar operations. The Assistant Manager's assignments include full responsibility for the development and oversight of skating programs and special events, overseeing the Ice-Skating Independent Contractors (Instructors), pro shop and snack bar operations (staffing, inventory, budget, promotional materials, and staff trainings) as well as assisting with hiring, training, scheduling and supervising seasonal staff.
This position requires regular exercise of independent judgment and performance of duties within policy guidelines. This position also requires the development of successful business strategies and methodologies to achieve optimum facility operations.
Examples of Important Duties
Manages Pro Shop, Snack Bar and Vending Operations
- Hires, trains, schedules and supervises staff.
- Selects and orders merchandise and supplies.
- Controls inventory and ensures accuracy of sales and inventory records.
- Oversee daily operations.
- Monitors revenue and expenditures and prepares required reports.
- Prepares budget recommendations for supervisor to review and approve
Managing Skating Programs and Special Events
- Coordinates classes, camps, clinics, competitions, and exhibitions.
- Oversees the private lesson, freestyle and hockey programs.
- Reviews and approves instructor invoices for payment.
- Oversees the activities of the Ice-Skating Independent Contractors (Instructors).
- Promotes all ice rink skating programs and special events.
- Assists in the scheduling of skating sessions.
- Ensures that all scheduled facility programming is run on time, as scheduled daily without interruption.
Assists in the Management of the Wheaton Ice Arena
- Manages facility operations in the absence of the Facility Manager.
- Serves as manager on duty for selected shifts.
- Assembles information and prepares selected reports as directed by supervisor(s).
- Coordinates the maintenance and repairs of the facilities and ground, and ensures they are promptly addressed with minimal disruption to facility programs and schedules.
- Manages customer service activities of the facilities. Sets a positive example for employees ensuring customers are treated in a prompt, professional, respectful manner.
- Assists with Budget preparation.
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, training, and scheduling part-time staff.
1. Bachelor's degree or four years experience in one of the following fields: parks, recreation, education, business administration, physical education, communication, leisure services, or in area of required specialty; and
2. Three years of progressive professional experience working in a facility related to parks, recreation, education, business administration, physical education, communication, leisure services, or area of required specialty, including one year as a facility manager, program coordinator or supervisor; or
3. An equivalent combination of education and experience; and,
4. A valid operating license (i.e. county pool operator's license, child care license, etc.) where appropriate.
5. A valid driver's license may be required.
Class/Specification Title: Recreation/Enterprise Facility Manager II
The selected candidate may be assigned to a facility that operates seven days a week.
Extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays will be required, ice rink is open 7 days a week.