Assistant Director of Finance and Administration
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Assistant Director of Finance and Administration - School of Foreign Service (SFS)
The Assistant Director of Finance and Administration manages the financial and administrative operations of the Master of Science in Foreign Service (MSFS) Program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as Requisitioner, Expense Preparer, Departmental Administrator, Department Financial Manager for Sponsored Projects, and Financial Reporter in GMS.
- Manage the quarterly budget reconciliation (BAR) process for all funds.
- Provide budget forecasting and reports.
- Execute all financial transactions, including but not limited to ordering supplies, preparing documentation for contracts and reimbursements, and managing/procuring equipment.
- Manage and reconcile ProCards . Ensure compliance with policies on card use.
- Manage administration of grants. Assist faculty as needed with grant management (budgets, compliance, reports, etc.)
- Track donations and gifts.
- Manage petty cash.
- Perform other related tasks as appropriate.
- Serve as Timekeeper in GMS. Ensure timely payroll administration for MSFS employees.
- Work with the SFS HR team to ensure that MSFS recruiting, hiring, training, termination, and payment practices are carried out in accordance with promulgated HR policies and procedures.
- Supervise student employees.
- Prepare supporting documentation for all MSFS academic appointments for adjuncts, visiting, and regular faculty, working with the SFS Manager of Faculty Affairs.
- Assist the Director in fundraising activities and program representation.
- Oversee maintenance of MSFS offices, program space, and equipment. Coordinate with the SFS Dean’s Office regarding capital needs/projects.
- Serve as the Departmental Technology Representative. Recommend changes to departmental technology and inform staff and faculty about issues as appropriate.
- Guide and support the MSFS Director, faculty, and staff on administrative matters as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, higher education administration, or related field
- 2-3 years of related program administration and budget management experience, preferably in higher education, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and a commitment to outstanding customer service are essential
- Must develop proficiency in the Workday Financials system