Anti-Fraud, Security Operations Center Analyst
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
MarkMonitor, part of Clarivate Analytics, is the global leader in enterprise brand protection and offers comprehensive solutions and services that safeguard brands, reputation, and revenue from online risks. With end-to-end solutions that address the growing threats of online fraud, brand abuse, and unauthorized channels, MarkMonitor enables a secure Internet for businesses and their customers. The company’s exclusive access to data combined with its patented real-time prevention, detection and response capabilities provide wide-ranging protection to the ever-changing online risks faced by brands today.
MarkMonitor is looking to add a member to the Anti-Fraud, Security Operations Center (AF SOC) team, the Security Operations Analyst’s primary responsibility is to conduct global online fraud investigations by performing a high-level analysis of online Phishing sites. In this role, analysts use open source intelligence tools (OSINT) and internet investigation tools to investigate alerts and anomalies, report findings, and determine appropriate action for remediation. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and possesses the ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively to both internal AF SOC team members as well as external 3rd parties.
- Performs detailed examination and analysis of Phishing sites and other fraud types (Vishing,419 Scams, Pharming);
- Performs analysis of malware binaries and communication points;
- Gathers and reports data, working to meet or exceed the client’s Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Communicates with clients and internal departments to support findings;
- Communicate with ISPs and Registrars globally to mitigate fraud attacks.
- Experience in working with common Internet protocols (e.g., SMTP, HTTP, DNS, Whois,);
- In-depth knowledge of the Internet, Registrars, and ISPs;
- Experience with HTML, HTML5 and CSS;
- Experience in working with issue and ticket-tracking systems (e.g., RT, Siebel, Clarify, Zendesk);
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently and be highly self-motivated and directed;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
MarkMonitor—the world leader in brand protection—safeguards the revenues and reputations of more than half of the Fortune 100 brands in the rapidly evolving digital world. Using a SaaS delivery model, advanced data technology, and domain expertise, MarkMonitor addresses Domain, Brand, Piracy, and Fraud risks that brands face due to the web's anonymity, global reach, and shifting consumption patterns for digital content, physical goods, and services.
Headquartered in San Francisco, MarkMonitor, part of Clarivate Analytics maintains the autonomy of a small company, with the additional benefits of stability and extended customer reach that comes with being part of a large company. Thanks to our startup roots, we continue to be a fun, casual, and creative place to work, and continually attract people who are bright, ambitious, confident, and customer-focused with a strong desire to win. We hire the best, and, as part of Clarivate Analytics, are free of any hiring biases.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.