Advisor Support Specialist
This position processes direct business and new brokerage accounts. The purpose of the position is to review the business for licensing and completeness before it is sent to a registered principal for review and approval.
- Process account service requests which include but are not limited to new account opening, account maintenance, Corestone/Resource checking, entering W-9’s, Select Link, PES and money market changes.
- Identify and take appropriate action to correct all NIGO (Not in good order) documents.
- Confirm that appropriate documentation is on file for each transaction i.e. New Account Forms.
- Accurately process asset movement requests and account opening/maintenance requests.
- Directly communicates with registered representatives and clients primarily by telephone.
- Contact representatives by phone or email when paperwork is not in good order. (NIGO)
- Directly communicates with Pershing for client and rep questions regarding account setup, changes, and follow-up.
- Spends a good part of the day answering calls.
- Works with clients who call to unlock NetX360 Investor access and to assist them with navigational issues.
- Monitors status of documents submitted to Pershing for approval.
- Prepare and maintain various excel spreadsheet logs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to successfully multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Proven exceptional customer service skills.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Skilled in utilizing information in a data base.
- Strong listening skills and focused.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal with conflict and challenging confrontations.
- Associates of Arts degree desired but not required.
- Banking Experience prefered
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Previous Pershing NetX360 experience desirable but not necessary.
- Experience in an industry that required strong customer service skills, a positive demeanor, sound judgment and discretion.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, reading comprehension, and basic math skills.
- Ability to manage several simultaneous tasks.
- Demonstrated ability for attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast pace team environment that required strong collaboration among members.
The Company has a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), and paid time off, subject to the terms and availability of such benefits.